Sign in to follow this  
PinkSapphireAngel

17 and a half hours in statement

Thanks we thought that was a good idea too.

I have emailed them today (we also went to their open evening again last week and spoke to the SEN people again)

they have not recieved the statement yet but my email has been passed on to the SEN boss there and he will be in touch when he has the statement.

It just gets better and better lol

This morning I have recieved 2 letters from the EWO one asking for me to send time tables etc and to arange for the inspectorate to visit me to see I am teaching Luke right !

the other just a data type form so they can keep their records up to date of everyone ELECTIVELY home educating (What a joke!)

I emailed explaining the school situation and got an email back saying they graciously will temporarily waiver the time limit for my evidence as they know schools have 15 days to view proposed statements.

But said I have to let them know what is happening by a certain date or they will be in touch,

so I emailed back telling them exactly how long I have been trying to inform them what I am doing and also tha t the LEA and their own director have known exactly what I am doing for months!

Waiting for a reply to that!

It just gets better and better lol

This morning I have recieved 2 letters from the EWO one asking for me to send time tables etc and to arange for the inspectorate to visit me to see I am teaching Luke right !

the other just a data type form so they can keep their records up to date of everyone ELECTIVELY home educating (What a joke!)

I emailed explaining the school situation and got an email back saying they graciously will temporarily waiver the time limit for my evidence as they know schools have 15 days to view proposed statements.

But said I have to let them know what is happening by a certain date or they will be in touch,

so I emailed back telling them exactly how long I have been trying to inform them what I am doing and also tha t the LEA and their own director have known exactly what I am doing for months!

Waiting for a reply to that!

Others will correct me if I have been wrongly informed.A friend who home eds told me you are not under any obligation to admit an inspector or provide details of what you are teaching.Karen

So frustrated!!!! :crying:

I contacted the school we want named on the finalised statement by email and they say they have sent a response to the LEA and that the LEA will be in touch with us in due course!! (hmmmm)

We then phoned the LEA who say they have not recieved the response from the school yet.

WHY DO THESE PEOPLE GET OFF ON MAKING PARENTS WAIT AS LONG AS THEY CAN AND AS MANY TIMES AS THEY CAN???