Sign in to follow this  
oxgirl

I'm actually smiling ............. about school!!

J is in a ASD unit, it's his second year there. Last year he was very isolated because he was the most able in the Unit and had no-one he could talk to there but he was out of his depth in the mainstream, so he had no-one he could relate to. :(

This year there are two new lads in the Unit who are much more able and much more like him and he's over the moon about it. They don't really talk to each other, but today HE WAS PLAYING BALL WITH ONE OF THEM!! Yipppppeeeeeeeeee!!!! I'm so happy I could cry!! :D

Isn't it funny how we can be so over the moon about something so fundamentally small! :P

~ Mel ~

I think making a friend is not a little thing, it's a HUGE thing, especially for our little chaps.

Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant :dance:

You know yourself, if you have someone to play with or share with or just spend a little time with, it brightens your day.

So pleased J played a game with someone, hopefully they will "hit it off".

That's how The Boy made his little friend at nursery - they started off just pulling each other around in a little tow truck. Then they started making a beeline for each other and sitting next to each other. Yesterday was The Boy's first day back at school & they both ran across the room and shared a hug!!!!

So, you see, sharing a game with a ball could just be the start!

(*sniff*) Aw, thanks everyone. I'm not expecting bosom buddiness or anything, but just to have someone to 'be' with for a bit makes such a difference when you're used to being on your own all the time (*more sniffing*)! :jester:

~ Mel ~