Sign in to follow this  
lil_me

Argh flies now I know what my son hates them for

My son as some know hates flies, now I know why.

Been looking after my neighbours house for 6 weeks now, went round this morning and could feel something on my face when I walked in, was a fly, thought nothing of it

As I walked into the sitting room I noticed it was full of them, and then the kitchen. Started searching thinking is there a dead body in here :crying: looked towatds the drier which was covered in them, nothing, then seen a bag :sick: must have been vegetables, well over night a hole must have got in it, it stank and flies were pouring out of it, the whole thing was wriggling :sick:

I ran to the bin with it, put the parrot upstairs and went to shop for fly killer.

Hopefully got them all, hoping hasn't effected the fish tank but rather that than a fly infested house, going back to check tomorow :sick:

I now share my sons dislike for flies.

:(:(:(

I hate anything that flies and buzzez

At the moment we are over run by daddy long leg things every night there awfull ...........100 of them about........I keep splatering them......

KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!!!! Vile little things

Oh the hours of fun swatting at them with a towel/paper/shoe/cushion/hand/book/dog etc.

:crying: We have them aswell Paula, I hate having the windows closed on a night but I have to now as within 10 minutes of opening the window the other night there was 6 hovvering about.

Admittedly I used fly killer this time, was a bit of an extreme case, amount of dead flies was unreal when I went back, hundreds of them :sick:

My favourite fly killer is one that I picked up from our local Poundland shop.

Shaped like a tennis raquet covered in wire mesh. Put one AA battery in place, press the button and swat. It's great!! It fries the little bleeders. Word of caution - don't touch the mesh. It's amazing how powerful a shock you get from a AA battery.

Mike

My favourite fly killer is one that I picked up from our local Poundland shop.

Shaped like a tennis raquet covered in wire mesh. Put one AA battery in place, press the button and swat. It's great!! It fries the little bleeders. Word of caution - don't touch the mesh. It's amazing how powerful a shock you get from a AA battery.

Mike

Hey Mike,

I bet when you were a kid you used to pull all the legs off the spiders. :lol:

SV

:lol: I've seen those and what put me off was the thought my children would try to use it as a torture weapon on each other.. :blink: scary thought

Anyway I do have a electric one the same as restaurants in my kitchen as if I didn't my son would freak out 24/7 as he hates them and we can't use fly killer because of the lizard :rolleyes: my Dad bought me a plug in one that worked, but next morning all the crickets for the lizard had died :blink: not good on Boxing Day, thankfully the people who run the shops that stock them were working and let us buy some :oops:

Hey Mike,

I bet when you were a kid you used to pull all the legs off the spiders. :lol:

SV

Whaddya mean - "when I was a kid"? I still do!!

No I don't really

Actually I have to get th emissus to kill them for me, LOL.

Edited by mbrown