nuttynemo

we have a draft statment

haveing waited most of this year for them to carry out the assesment how can they laeve out vital information like our sons own doctors opinion and all the doctors letter our son is only in school 8hours a week the statment put him there full time ( the mainstream school that could not drop his hours fast enough )with LSA support for 15 hours a week which is good considering he is only in for 8 hours a week

are all draft statment this bad

????

Hi, sorry - which bit of the Statement are you most concerned about? Have they not explained his difficulties properly in part 2? Are you happy with the provision or not? There should be provision to meet every on of his needs, but obviously this has to start with all needs being there in part 2.

are all draft statment this bad

????

Hi :)

I'm beginning to think so............ every proposed statement i've seen that's been issued recently has had pretty much the same support - regardless of the individual childs needs.

Boxing gloves on........................ :fight:

:(>:D<<'>

I would have to agree all the LEAs seem to resent having to issue a statement so much that they make it a load of nonsense you then have to fight to get worded and specified etc and even then they stilll make things as difficult as they can, like things are not hard enough.

I hope you do get it sorted, remember you do not have to accept anything you are not happy with.