Sign in to follow this  
fiorelli

a bit of an update on my step father-in-law

I have mentioned on here that my s-FIL (hubbys dad for the last 30 years) was diagnosed with lung cancer, and that he had developed tumours on his brain and various other places.

Yesterday we had a phone call to say that s-FIL had lost the use of his legs. Hubby spoke to his mum, and apparently, he had to use the bathroom. They got him there, but when he needed to get off, he tried to stand, but couldn't and fell straight over. As they live in a retired persons appartment, MIL pulled the cord, and an ambulance came straight out.

There are no beds available in the Macmillan suite, so s-FIL is in a hospital ward. Hubby went to see him this morning. He said that s-FIL is looking really ill and old (he only retired last year - early!, and looked well the last time we saw him). He also said that s-FIL is 'like a baby', and is totally not with it anymore :crying: . He told me that his s-FIL was silent most of the time he was there, except for when he blurted out '...It may be today or tomorrow - I really don't know'.

I soo hope that this isn't dragged out too long, and that he doesn't suffer for too much longer. I soo wish that we could turn the clocks back and have time all over again, so as we could do things differently so as he could either a: not have this awful cancer or b: that it could have been caught early enough so as it could have been treated (he has been unable to have any treatment other than to 'make things easier for him'.

Why is life so cruel :(

:(>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I'm so sorry for the suffering your sFIL, you and family are enduring!

All my love to you,

Anna x

Fiorelli,

:(

Thinking of you and all your family. Hoping and praying your father in law is getting all possible help to make him as comfortable as he can be.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

K x

Hi Fiorelli.So sorry you are all having such a difficult time.It is so sad to see a person you love in this situation and it leaves a desperate feeling of helplesness. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> There are people here who have been there and understand.Sadly there are no easy answers to the why questions.Karen