Sign in to follow this  
fiorelli

A Radio Advert/campaign

There is a radio advert/campaign running in my area at the moment that is trying to get more social workers/Foster carers (can't remember which).

It starts of with a woman introducing herself. She goes on to say

"One day Billy told me something without words. He was playing, and I noticed that his action man was covered in bite marks. Part of his abuse meant that he was bitten. This is why he didn't like getting close to people for hugs. As a social worker, it means I can pass on this vital piece of information to his foster carers, to help them help Billy."

There are several things that concern me about this ad campaign.

How can a child's toy being covered in bitemarks be evidence that a child has been bitten. And that because of this 'information' doesn't like being hugged.

Louis bites his toys - they are all covered in bitemarks - doesn't mean he is being bitten.

Louis doesn't like hugs - doesn't mean he is being abused.

Don't get me wrong, I know these things happen, and they need to be highlighted, I just think the way in which this particular ad is worded is wrong to say the least.

sorry, don't expect any replies to this, just letting off steam.

This ad is in some of my mags this week and i thout the same thing. Adam likes to bite on thins so his toys are coverd