Sign in to follow this  
aloneinthedark

forgetfulness

I don't know if its related or not. Anyone else have a problem remembering task or events? :robbie:

If i dont have a diary, or anything wrote down i forget simple as that. My life is run by my diary.... So dont feel alone.

Lainexx

If i dont have a diary, or anything wrote down i forget simple as that. My life is run by my diary.... So dont feel alone.

Lainexx

Hi :) Do you know why this is? I am thinking with me its because I have my mind on a half dozen things and can't slow myself down. A diary is a good idea I may try that. My husband gets mad at me because I tend to forget things in a matter of a few minutes at times. :tearful:

I think that it can be a number of things (like the combination of doing too much and having kids). But I find that it can also be stress related, and becomes more pronounced when I am tired.

I think that it can be a number of things (like the combination of doing too much and having kids). But I find that it can also be stress related, and becomes more pronounced when I am tired.

Yes I agree I am much more forgetful when I am stressed. I am alway worn out I take care of around 45 animals for a rescue operation almost entirely on my own. I worry a lot if I forget something so it takes me twice as long because I double check everything. Besides a lifestyle change is there any way to cut back on being worried all of the time? I have tried baches rescue remedy. It helps if I take enough of it but its also costly to buy all of the time.

I've become really forgetful lately....and live via lists. :whistle:

Today I had to ring GP surgery but couldn't remember the name of my GP and tonight I made Chilli Con Carnie......we all sat down to eat and DS says "Mum, how come you havn't put any kidney beans in"...... :wacko::unsure::rolleyes:

I live in a perpetual state of panic, I feel in a tizz and a whirl on the inside, but on the outside I appear calm.I forget stuff all the time, this just strengthens my belief that I,m stupid.I also think I know stuff and get it wrong all the time , ie dates...........I tell people such and such is happening on a date , and I,m convinced I,m right.Only to discover the date is the 11 th not the 21st.But then I,ll get confused and not remember which is wrong etc etc........... :blink: .I attended a parents evening a week early, last week, I lose stuff all the time , runn around forgetting why................................it goes on and on :(