Sign in to follow this  
Eva

The Magic Roundabout unavailable in Oz

Hi everyone,

for ages I've been trying to get a copy of The Magic Roundabout episodes but can't - doesn't seem to exist over here. Then I found out it's probably been banned due to it's subversive nature - the drug references! Mind you there was never any problem with HR Puff n Stuff and Captain Pugwash!

My poor deprived children. (Mind you, they have been introduced to 'The Trap Door' recently which they love. Now my son says 'globbits' all the time).

Can you still get VHS copies of The Magic Roundabout?

Cheers,

Eva

i used to love the magic roundabout!! i didnt know there was drug references in it though :o dont know if it available on vhs

Try ebay. Thay often send overseas. I bout a CD of ebay that came from Oz

Yeah, I'll try on ebay at some point.

The drug references aren't really drug references - I know I'm not making much sense - it's how it's interpreted. The Office of Film and Television Censorship aren't known for their liberal views!

Oh well,

Eva

It's probably unavailable in Oz just for the sake of being annoying; rather like the Mysterious Cities of Gold is unavailable in Britain yet you can buy it from any video shop in France. There is a company that sells DVDs of just about every cartoon available bar MCoG. I will try and find this company.