citrine

chuffed to little mintballs..

with my son..

we have real problems with my son whos 8 when it comes to food, its not too bad in the week when we have set days for set food, but on a sunday we have always made a point of having a sunday lunch with all the family,

its a real trial, he dosnt like any meat except for chicken and wouldnt eat veg if he didnt have too and deffinatly wont eat greens..

everyweek is the same, he is too slow, starts messing, hubbys tells him of,we all tense up, son argues back, hubby sends him upstairs, son argues back some more crying as he does so, stomps up the stairs crying and shouting, he comes down later apologising, we ask him why he is apologising, he has no idea what he has done wrong, everyone get wound up again...

people we know said they would of given up long ago, and let him eat what he wants...

but this week was different.. he started the messing, hubby told him to stop he didnt so hubby told him to go to his room, we all stiffened up at this point... to my and everyone elses astonisment he got up, and calmly walked up the stairs without a tear or a tantrum...

we were stunned, paticulaly when he shouted down the stairs a few minutes later sorry dad, can i come down.. we let him down not to long and he apolgised for messing, sat down and ate his dinner and even finished quicker than his sister (which is somthing cos she loves her sundays)

needless to say we made a fuss of him and gave him a little treat for being so good..

will let you know if this continues :D

we are stuggling with the whole table thing,if we want to eat our diner without getting indigestion louis has to be watching simpsons,futurama,or malcom in the middle.now the odd thing is he sits down for christmas diner and birthdays cos they are very special days.but dont ask him to sit on a plain day...lol...luckly louis has very laidback,old parents.who love him to bits.....love noogsy