Sign in to follow this  
rainbow queen

feeling down and i still feel nothing has moved on

hi

dont know if anyone remebers me,my son isnt dx hes 5.

i feel like im in nomans land ....well its nowt new felt like this for 3 years now at least.

my situation is my sons had a second ados and they saying he only just scored on the edge of it....they admit from seeing home video footage that he has sensory and processing problems....still under camhs im coming to end of a parenting course which to be honest hasnt helped alot ........last one next week then they all get together and talk again.

last thing i did was filled out a pragmatics form for home life and sent it to salt -who will see again in jan and school should be filling one in.

i moved them out of old school into a better one -who are more understanding -they do have as unit but my sons in mainstream class.

hes doing well at school but still got iep.............but our home life is full of endless arguments and confrontations ect....difficult times in public ect.....

i guess im just wondering what happens next.....if anything....feel like im just left to get on with it all on my own...............there is a local support group but i wont go much cause hes no firm dx i feel i just belong no where. :tearful:

Hi, please don,t feel like that, at least 2 parents at our last support group meeting did,nt have a dx.I know that the dx process is taking a lot longer at our local clinic and now has to involve alot more proffessionals than it did when my son was dx.Hang on there , please don,t forget were here if you need us love suzex

Yes I agree with everyone else I co run a support group and we have a few parents there who haven't yet got a diagnosis and meeting other parents and sharing experiences can be a real help when you are seeking a diagnosis. Many people are afraid to take that first step into a support group, it can be a daunting experience but group leaders are aware of this and most will be happy for you to make contact with them prior to the meeting so that you have made at least one contact before you go.

Being able to laugh and cry with people who know what it's like to walk a mile in your shoes is the best support available. Theres nothing more reassuring that being able to go into a meeting and say you've had a bad day and not have to elaborate because the people know what a bad day is.

course i remember you rainbow queen >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

i would def say go to a support group,we need to talk to people who are going through what we are,steve has just joined a footie club because of what i learnt at my last group,you will find they will welcome you,we all in same boat really whether our children have dx or not,i might add that my boat is in danger of capsizing at the moment!!

Hi, please don,t feel like that, at least 2 parents at our last support group meeting did,nt have a dx.I know that the dx process is taking a lot longer at our local clinic and now has to involve alot more proffessionals than it did when my son was dx.Hang on there , please don,t forget were here if you need us love suzex

thanks suze and everyone .............just having a feeling sorry for myself moment :rolleyes:

hi, I,ve had a run of tough stuff going on, theres a night out on dec 8th, if you feel up to it let me know,I really hope this new school helps, having a unit atttached(even though your boy isn,t in it) could help as the staff there may have stratergies etc to help.Chatting does help though don,t let stuff pile up on you I,m here if you need me suzex

chic you are entitled to feel fed up sometimes so dont feel bad about it! we have all been there!!!

my nephew has a dx of GDD and we are wondering if he will later get a new dx of autism.....el's LSA told me that they sometimes call it GDD when they are only little, they dont want to "label" them in case they are wrong!

its great that he is already at that school though, well done for moving him as they will be able to help him loads, wether he goes to the unit or not.

hang on in there!!! >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>