Sign in to follow this  
mel_jayne

Family Fund

Got a phone call from the family fund this morning.I applyed in August for help with a holiday,as this was the first time i applyed i wasn't sure what i was allowed to apply for.

The wounderful lady on the phone has give me �800 for holiday,�350 for tumble dryer(mine on way out),�100 cloths and Argos card for �100 for bedding and some more money on card for computer games. :dance::dance::dance: .

I am in shock and happy.Can't believe how quick it was,i was told there was about 6 month wait.

Now i have to decided where to go on holiday :D .Any ideas lost holiday was a nightmare came home 2 days early.

Hi keepingmesane,

The holiday,i could get �300 towards the cost or �800 if i book through a brouche there going to send me with Thomas cook, as greatful as i am �300 won't go far with 7 of us.She asked me if i needed a washer or a tumble,just got washer but tumble on way out.The biggest suprise was the computer games,which she asked me what my son played with when i said nothing but computers she said that gabes would help,well yes of course :notworthy: .

I still can't believe it only tried as my support worker told me to.If you haven't applyed and it will help you,you have got nothing to loose.

Hi,

You can apply online;

family fund

They give money to families who have children with disabilities. You can even apply if you don't get DLA, but i think this helps. They are fabulous!

Loulou xx

It depends what sort of holiday you are looking for really, but there is a special needs hotel in Blackpool with the rooms decorated in childrens characters. It's very very cheap (�45 a week I think) and is, I am told, absolutely wonderful. It's called Daisy Chain and it's run by the Kensington Trust in Blackpool.