Sign in to follow this  
UltraMum

School...

This is an excerpt from the report by the independent EP on my son

Whilst observing Xxxx I was approached by one of the lunchtime supervisors who asked me why I was there and I said that I was assessing Xxxx. She said that he had improved a great deal in that he played better with other children but that there were still many fallings out and that they had to watch him. She told me that the worst thing about Xxxx was ?his appalling table manners? and she told me that he was terribly messy and uncouth in the way that he ate his school lunch. I explained that I knew that Xxxx?s parents had been working very hard on group eating skills and table manners but that this needed to be worked on in all situations. The lady was surprised that Xxxx had been taught how to behave at table at all and asked me if there was a problem or learning difficulty present. I was surprised that lunchtime supervisors who saw Xxxx daily and were in a position to help him and support his table etiquette at lunchtime appeared not to know about his difficulties and appeared not to have been given that sorts of strategies that would help him.

The rest is fairly similar and doesn't show the school in a very favourable light :(:(:( ho-hum :(