percybop

New to the forum - quick query

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, found it by a google search, I have a 9yr old son diagnosed with ASD 2yrs ago. He had an incident in school last week were they were in the hall practicing for XMAS show & he complained that his head was spinning & zig-zags in his head were hurting him - has anybody come across this zig-zag thing before? My son JJ has quite a mild form of the condition & is only just begining to recognise that he's different - we haven't told him yet - this is something planned for the near future in conjunction with the relevant support services.

ta

Hi has he had his eyes tested and has got any dyslexic traits,

ask for a visual dyslexia test at the hospital.

They can check for spatual awareness and his perception.

Visual dyslexia is different to Dyslexia as well.

He will need a full assessment, and also at the same time ask for an assessment for colour blindness as they dont routinly assess for colour blindness when they assess for Visual Dyslexia.

Has he gone a long number of hours without anything to drink, deydration can cause visual difficulties.

As well as eating irregular meals, is he eating properly.

was he standing for a long period of time,

All contribution to causing difficulties with his vision.

It is also advisable to visit your GP and have him looked at.

There is also a lot of bugs and people complaining of all sorts of symptoms lately.

JsMum

Could it have been sensory overload? so many of the kids are suffering st the moment with Christmas around the corner and all the changes that go with it.

This was my first thought - just never heard of the zig-zag thing

The sensory overload sounds likely to me too. My son is really suffering at the moment to the extent that the sunshine coming in through the car is causing absolute hysteria. Describing his troubles as zigzags is very clever. Can he not do something else during rehursal time?

Welcome to the forum hope you find it useful!