Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

After Thomas

Just flicking thru my TV listings for Xmas and found this.....thought I'd post it, should anyone else be interested in watching it.

After Thomas, 9pm, ITV1, 26th December

"This fact-based, feature-length drama charting the efforts of a couple to give their autistic son a happy childhood. Despite their marital problems, the devoted parents are determined to do the best for their offspring but, sadly, their efforts don't appear to be working and the troubled lad withdraws further into his own private world. However, the newest member of the clan, a cute golden retriever puppy, has an unexpected effect and offers the entire family a new hope. Have hankies at the ready for a story which is both heart-wrenching and uplifting. Starring Keely Hawes, Ben Miles and Sheila Hancock"

Well I'm sure watching that will send a few tears into the Quality Street tin ... thanks for telling us, I will avoid it like the plague! Is that the best we have on offer for Boxing Day telly?

Hi Bagpuss

Call me a glutton for punishment, but I'll be watching it. On the rare occasion that a programme is on TV which touches on autism, I usually watch it. I'm always interested how producers portray people. I'm also interested in comparing the similarities/differences of others lives, considering living with the same type of disability.

Thanks for the reminder.

Caroline.

I'm intrigued to watch to see if it's an accurate portrayal of ASD. Would be interested to know who the drama is based on. Havn't seen anything in the press about it, other than stumbling across it in my TV Mag, so unsure if it will be an accurate portrayal or not. Cheers for your replies.

Edited by Bagpuss