Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

World Wildlife Foundation

Our eldest dd is becoming increasingly interested in animals. She is loving the Extinct programme....which she is watching at the mo, waiting for X Factor result.........anyway, back to thread....... :rolleyes::lol:

I'd like to encourage her interest and have had a quick look at the WWF website, which looks great. Would appreciate it if anyone who is also interested in this could point me in the right direction for other websites or organisations I could check out.

I've seen some Adopt an Animal packs in WH Smith a while back and have wondered about getting her one for Xmas :unsure:

She is really excited about becoming a member of the WWF, so may sort that out for her tomorrow. Anyone else's children a member and if so, how have you found it?

Any advice would be great....Thanks :D

Hi Bagpuss,

L has always had an interest in animals too and used to watch all the wildlife/vet programmes that were on. I don't think we joined the WWF ourselves but I think adopting an animal is a good idea. We did used to visit a horse rescue centre regularly, and we sponsored one of their horses in her name. We received regular updates and she enjoyed going to visit "her" horse. I think many rescue centres and zoos have similar schemes.

K x

Do you have any local zoos or aquariums or wildlife centres etc? They usually have animals you can 'adopt' and the good thing is you can visit them regularly.

Lynne x

Thanks Lynne and Kathryn...hadn't thought about local rescue centres or zoo's etc...what a wonderful idea :D I've promised her that tonight we will get our youngest dd settled into bed and then have a good look at the WWF website together, and I'll arrange membership for her. She seems to have a real connection with animals, and is also collecting all the Puppy in my Pocket sets and reads the Animal Ark books avidly. She also loves her Nintendo DS because she can play her Nintendog games to her heart content. I'm also going to try and track down the Prehistoric Park series on dvd for her.....she loved that too....although not sure we can adopt a tyrannersaurus rex :wacko::unsure::lol:

Thanks again :D

Hi Bagpuss,

Glad your daughter is happy with her panda. :wub:

She sounds very like L who collected all the Animal Ark books - when she was 7 she won a bookshop raffle: the prize was 30 animal ark books and a bookcase!

We also have a huge box full of all the "in my pocket " animals - puppies, kitties and horses. I didn't know you could still get them. :)

K x

Thanks Kathryn :D

What a lovely prize for your L to have won when she was 7 :D

I've managed to find our dd alot of the Animal Ark books she hasn't read on ebay and Amazon, so she'll be really pleased on Xmas day. There isn't alot that she plays with that isn't connected to animals in some way, and her room is full of animal ornaments, posters, cuddly toys etc.

The only "in my pockets" I know of are Puppy in my Pocket.....don't tell me there are lots of different types of animals........hope dd doesn't find out :hypno::hypno:

The only "in my pockets" I know of are Puppy in my Pocket.....don't tell me there are lots of different types of animals........hope dd doesn't find out :hypno::hypno:

Oh yes, there are hundreds of em :ph34r: - puppies kitties, horses and teddies (she didn't go so much for the latter :lol: ) They used to come in packs of five, along with various plastic accessories and we must have acquired every single set. If L wasn't so fiercely protective of her stuff you'd be welcome to them - we need the space. :rolleyes:

K x