Sign in to follow this  
hedders

Confusion with christmas cards?

Hi not sure if my 6yr old dd is making some error with her speech or if she is getting confused with difference of christmas cards and birthday cards.

Keeps referring to calling them birthday cards, great pleasure giving out the cards today saying ive got your birthday card, trying to explain to her but not sure if its speech errors.

Anyone else simular?

Bless her cotton socks!

I know what you mean, my 6 year old said to me "on Christmas Eve on 24 December, Father Christmas comes and brings me birthday presents, and on Christmas Day on 25 December, I go downstairs and find my birthday presents under the Christmas Tree".

It did make me smile. 12 months ago, he wouldn't string 2 words together, now he is obsessed with dates etc. I didn't have the heart to correct him, as I was just so proud he said it all!

Jo

Hiya Hedders,

Yup, same here - my little monkey gets very, very confused with the whole christmas card thing! He looks utterly bewildered when people hand him cards - then turns to me and says 'Is it birthday day??'...... Hes said that every single day this past week - even though i'd explained it to him every single day.... :rolleyes::wub: . He does understand the difference between christmas and his birthday - but christmas is December 25th...... He can't understand why we give cards for a month before christmas - yet birthday cards are only for one day..... Gotta say... he has a point! :blink::rolleyes: .

Presents are also difficult for him. Last year when i asked him what present he wanted - he said 'A red ones...' :blink: . This year it's 'A big one'........... :lol:

>:D<<'>

Ahhh bless. >:D<<'> My boy doesn't even accept the cards, ever since last year when someone left one on his desk for him - it may have had his name on it but it didn't belong to him - so he rather rudely returned it to it's rightful owner. He's refused to accept cards ever since - they're just not his, you see.

technically it is for a birthday-jesus,seeing as they dont know what exact day he was born.