Sign in to follow this  
board

advice please

hello was wondering if anyone can help with this my dd 7 asperger has allwas to be frist at doing things we worked around that but lately when my husband fetchs her and her db home from school she opens the car door to get out frist when the car is still moveing he for gets to lock it all the time i have sat her down and told her she cant do this but she done it again to day she said she forgot my husband give her a row but she just kicked him and shuted adbuse she cant see what she done wrong any advice please all the best jill

Activating the child safety locks in the back seat would be a good start to make sure she is safe. You only have to do this once, then once they are on the doors can only be opened from the outside.

Otherwise a strip pinned to the window on her side (using whatever level communication she understands) showing that the car must have stopped and mummy or daddy said a trigger word before she can get out, otherwise there will be a sanction.

Hope this helps

Child locks to start with.

Have you tried social stories, ie making a personal book with photos and drawings explaining what could happen if she does this?

hi

i cant give much advice but i can say my son is exactly the same he HAS to be first for everything or he goes mad. The other night i was putting him to bed and because i went upstairs first he went absolutly mad went on for an hour untill we went back downstairs so he could go back up first :wacko: Im just hoping he might grow out of it :unsure: As he needs to learn he cant always be first but at the mo he cant grasp that concept. Also we have child locks on our car too!!

Brooke