Sign in to follow this  
UltraMum

Consolidation of support ...

OK - in the LEA's pre-emptive strike at the annual review the proposed changes to the statement include this ...

The school will provide:

An LSA to work with XX to deliver the support funded by the LA. It is expected that the school will consolidate the support available by pairing XX with another child such that the support will be provided as widely as possible.

OK - I assume they mean another child with statemented hours ... I gather there are 6 children with ASD going to this secondary in Sept. What happens if there isn't another child with statemented hours to 'consolidate' the support? What happens if the other child then encroaches on XX's support (I expect the other parents would feel the same too!)

XX doesn't need support velcroed to him but is off in a land of his own if left to his own devices so someone needs to keep a watching brief...

Anyone know much about this - can they put this in a statement????

Edited by UltraMum

Ultra Mum,

I don't think I would be happy to accept this wording, the provision in your child's statement is for your child, it's not 'to provide support as widely as possible'.

such that the support will be provided as widely as possible.

The LEA may be confusing this with a Group Education Plan, you can find details of this in the SEN toolkit.

http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/_doc/4610/Too...%205%20Text.pdf

Nellie xx

I am shocked. I am sorry that I have no advice to offer. It sounds totally unreasonable to me and I am sure you will find a way.

Maybe the NAs would be able to advise???

Wish you luck and send my >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Phoebe

Ultra Mum, I don't think I would be happy to accept this wording, the provision in your child's statement is for your child, it's not 'to provide support as widely as possible'.

I don't think we're going to be accepting many of their proposals Nellie :P - that's an important point you've made there. Thanks

The LEA may be confusing this with a Group Education Plan, you can find details of this in the SEN toolkit.

http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/_doc/4610/Too...%205%20Text.pdf

Hmm - so this may be how the school work things but this is after the statement is written and is down to the school management ... at least that's how I see this bit of the toolkit ... Thanks for that

Maybe the NAs would be able to advise???

I think we will be going straight to the solicitors rec by IPSEA when we faced the judicial review last Sept - costly but ... replace the car less often and cut down on hols - it's worth it.

Wish you luck and send my >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Phoebe

Thanks