Sign in to follow this  
claire33

what do i do??

Hi all

Just wanted to get something off my chest and maybe get some very much appreciated advice should anyone want to give any!!!

Well as some of you may be aware from some of my earlier posts my k started Attending support centre in another scholl after xmas which was going really well had a few teething problems but, overall he really enjoys it and says he likes his new school better than his old school and wishes he could go there all the time.

However k went swimming with his new school yesterday (which he throughtly enjoyed) and whilst he was there i went to see his head mistress k had told me the previous evening about his teachers son in his usuak school hitting him so i went to have a word.

When k came out of school he told me again of this other boy hitting him :angry: well a you can imagine i was fuming especially as i had just been to the school, so when we arrived home i called the school to speak to her again she was in a meeting (what a surprise) she was ment to cll me back and im still waitng.

Now k has a home school diary from the new school he attends, and they report what he has done hat day and how he has behaved and i do the same, so i decided to have a look as usual.

The teacher from his usual school had wrote a comment in it which said : K ad a bad afternoon was hitting and pushing in playground and lst his playground point. In classroo k refused to stop shouting and making noises, he then refused to put on his apron for painting, he was sent to the head mistress and promised to be good the rest of the afternoon.

When i read this i was absolutely outraged, for a start it was me who had been to the school complaining about her son and as for the shouting and making noises i wrote a comment the day before saying that i didnt think he was coping very well with the changes and the fact that they aren't putting any of the stratergies in place that are at the support centre which he finds a real help ie PECS etc.

The appron thing i thought wasn't dealt with properly at all they never even thought to ask why he didnt want to put it on, i dont think they have any idea how to deal with a child with k's problems more understanding and patience is all it would of took there just not interested and cant be bothered, i reall want to go to tha school and throttle her :angry:

Other than doing this can anyone else suggest what i might do?????

I seem to go over and over thye same things all the time :wallbash:

Help Please :(

it does drive you mad when you explain things over and over and nothing changes,maybe make another appointment to swee head explaining all your concerns,our kids need all the help that is out there and i used to get so down that i was going round in circles with his old school,go there everytime you have a concern,make them take notice >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Maybe you need to explain what theydidthe previous day step by step!

And then staple into the book a list of strategies / research appropriate for him that school should be doing!

If they arent doing it maybe they need it pointing out to them in writung - if its stapled in school cant loose it?