Sign in to follow this  
mum22boys

Ed.Psychologist assessment

Hi all,

After a big complaint to M's school over the standard of his education and their understanding of him we are finally getting somewhere.

M will be assessed in April by the CDAC. After finding out the head/senco of M's school had decided to remove him from the e.p list we wrote the letter of complaint. We were then given an appointment with the head and e.p which was due to take place today. Yesterday out the blue the head phoned to say the e.p will assess M tomorrow and we have to be at the school just before lunch to meet with the e.p, head and class teacher. I am so worried about what will happen.

What will the e.p be doing with M? What does she look at? I am worried i'll get to the school and she'll say 'no problem, everythings fine'. I know deep down that it's unlikely but am so nervous.

Help! Please tell me what to expect. :wacko:

mum22boys

p.s M is 6 1/2 and in year 2

Hi,

Having recieved the report produced by the EP who assessed our DS as part of the statementing process today, i thought I may be able to answer your question.

In this area, the EP spent a morning with ds, observed him in class and took him out of class to do some work with him independently. Also read the reports from the school and spoke with the SENCO and class teacher. He has produced (some three weeks later) a comprehensive report about DS and his difficulties as well as made recommendations for his future educational needs. I must say that I am quietly impressed about his grasp of the condition and my sons character and difficulties.

This is the second time that he has been assessed by an EP and it seems they ask you about the childs history, when you first noticed anything odd, what has happenend at school and at home and if you have had any professional involvement(EP, SALT, Behaviour support, whoever). Then they observe the child and carry out psychometric testing to try to work out their level of understanding and intelligence.

Dunno if this is any help.

PM me if you like

Phoebe

My son is currently being assessed by a Ed Psychologist too, so far he has observed him in class, had a meeting with me, took him out of class to do some assessments with him and i had a phone call from the school to say that he will be taking Tyler out of class again next week to do more assessments.

We will then get a full report from him.

Looking forward to that Tyler doesnt like this man, he noticed him watching him in class and came home very paranoid and wondered who the man was that kept looking at him!! We had to explain who he was so that Tyler would not freak out when he wanted to do some assessments with him.

Tyler says he still doesnt like him and the ed psych asked Tyler to remeber the picture that he was showing him because he was going to ask him to draw it later, when it came to it Tyler said i cant do it! The ed psych raised his voice and told him 'well you have to try' hmmm just another reason not to like him again!

Ho did your meeting go??

Clare x