Sign in to follow this  
hev

staff were in tears

steve going in tomorrow after his 5 day suspension for wrecking the classroom,they sent him work home and i got a letter formally telling me,when i say hope he behaves i think i should say hope he copes,when school phoned they said he had some staff in tears,i think maybe thats a bit dramatic but them naybe im used to his behaviour,do you think its usual for staff to cry?

Edited by hev

Having just started work as an LSA in a school with several challenging children and as a Governor in another school - I have to say yes. I suppose they are not used to that sort of behaviour.

Karen

Staff at my school are frequently in tears :crying:

But surely they need to look at how your lad is being supported and deal with the issues that are causing him to become so stressed?

steve going in tomorrow after his 5 day suspension for wrecking the classroom,they sent him work home and i got a letter formally telling me,when i say hope he behaves i think i should say hope he copes,when school phoned they said he had some staff in tears,i think maybe thats a bit dramatic but them naybe im used to his behaviour,do you think its usual for staff to cry?

i think, whats more worrying dear, if they cant cope? how the hell are u?! like we dont face this day after day ! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I work in a school for children with severe autism and severe learning difficulties and I have to say that I very often go home in tears. As much as i love the work, and it's the children I want to work with it can be very difficult to see them so distressed that they are damaging themselves or damaging property. I can honestly say that there are very few days when I am not thumped, bitten, kicked or have my hair pulled. With the best will in the world, and all the understanding in the world for the children's high levels of anxiety and confusion, these things are so upsetting that you end in tears. This never means though, that you are not 100% behind supporting the kids, it's just part of the natural gambit of emotions that all humans will go through when witnessing or being on the receiving end of these very difficult behaviours.

Hi Hev,

Hope it went well when Steve went back to school. I was just thinking, maybe it's better for the staff to be in tears rather than them shouting or having no emotional response? It must be an extremely difficult job, i often find myself asking Kai's teachers how they don't go insane looking after a load of ADHD/ASD/EBD boys every day. Just looking after ONE is hard for me, imagine a class of 8 of them :wacko::wacko: .

Loulou xx