Sign in to follow this  
Lynden

Wayhey - we did it!

Its been a full week, of not much sleep, but thats it! He's done a full week without his dummy! Still goes to take it out of his mouth though and its not there :P Last night he actually slept well again too - so fingers crossed tonight is a repeat and he's stopped punishing his Mummy for getting rid!

Only downside is, that if at all possible, he's even MORE clingy since we got rid of it. Ah well, at least clingy-ness is not a health hazard (his health anyway! :blink: )

So a big :clap: for my little man for coping so well without it.

Lynne

PS - I guess tomorrow will be telling as we have orthotics to go to and be measured for splints!

Well done all of you!!!! Its a tough one to crack especially if your child is rather atached.

I was so anti dummy, my daughter had extreme sucking needs, so therefore i gave in and gave her one, and must admit i'd use one again and my views have totally changed, they are a godsend!!!

Thought id have a total nitemare with dd when giving it up but she did really well and we only had a couple of wakings asking for it, she's been without for 7 months now. I was expecting a tortorous time! I know its not so easy for lots of people, its no mean feat though and you should be so proud of your achievement!!!

Really well done!!!!!!

>:D<<'> Oh congratulations for doing that!. My daughter who is 11 would still love a dummy i think, lol she still looks wistfully at them in boots!!!! :lol:

lynden how did the visit go with the splints without the dummy?my k is 3 and still loves her bottle,im gonna be brave at easter and replace her bottle with an easter egg and say the easter bunny needed it!! :robbie::robbie: i would attempt it sooner but steves suspended and im feeling fragile!!