witsend

so fed up with it all

Hi - well from reading some posts tonight I know I'm not the only one down in the dumps! :( Am really living up to my username here and feel at my witsend. Eldest son still attending and hating his special school and taking all this stress out on us all at home! this is causing mega tensions and started me and partner rowing which is just horrible. :( Youngest son is now on verge of official ADHD diagnosis and school are having a hard time coping with him (like we're not!! :hypno: )

Both boys wind each other up fight and say horrible things to each other, this aggravates partner and I have to be the diplomat when I actually just want to walk out and keep going! :crying: Feel awful for saying that because I love them all but it's all such hard work!

I'm also really fed up with my job but because of hours am trapped there, and partner has started a new business so he's never around much (think he's prob avoiding us :( ).

Would just be nice to have an uneventful 'normal' life wouldn't it?

Keep trying to stay positive, eldest son is going to look round a couple of other (mainstream) schools - but that could end in disaster, and I know youngest sons school have been quick off the mark to ask for extra funding with him etc, but despite this i still feel fed up, our lives are ruled by appointments and paperwork and I'm ###### worn out with it all.

Sorry am being a real moan. When people at work ask how things are I always smile and say OK and relate some little 'funny'story about our life, don't know why I don't just say '###### awful actually! ' :) Oh well at least I can say it here eh?

Luv Witsend.

Witsend >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I spent a long while telling everyone everything was fine........I found it helpful to go to my GP and explain how I was ACTUALLY feeling. Maybe this is something you could consider. We too have felt overwhelmed with appointments, which can seem to be endless, and sometimes I've felt I'm drowning in it all. Do you have any family or friends who are able to offer support? If so, may be worth being honest about how you are feeling with them. Are you and your other half able to get out by yourselves at all? DH and I try and get out every so often, just the two of us, to recharge our batteries. I'm sorry I've not been able to offer much help, but am thinking of you , and hope life feels abit more positive soon for you all >:D<<'>

Witsend >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

It helps to talk about it with a friend, family or counsellor.

We're also here to listen to you and we understand you. >:D<<'>

Curra

:( well im new to the forum witsend but reading how fed up you are im glad its not only me. I love my family too but theres days when i think why do i bother and when will this all end. I have walked out the house a couple of times now to see if anyone notices and sat round the corner in my car but i could sometimes keep driving because ive had enough. My husband works hard, I am unable to due to my son. I often think my husband cant wait to get out the house and although he moans about his job I think well at least hes away from here. As soon as my husband gets in from work my son is on to him, and it goes on all night, it drives me mad as im always in the middle trying to stop everything getting out of control, it usually ends in me and hubby arguing, nothing new just lately. My hubby and i are unable to get out as i dont have anyone to look after my kids so theres just no time to ourselves what so ever, especially as my son dosn't sleep well and hes up and down the stairs half the night. Anyway i won't depress you anymore but just wanted to saydont feel bad because i know what you are going through.

Luv louxx >:D<<'>

Edited by louxx

Some big >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> 's for you guys, I don't really have any advice or things to say to make it better. But I do know that talking about how you feel relieves a little of the pressure and that probably partners or friends are not the best people to sound off to, for me anyway. I am waiting for counselling which my GP is supposed to organising (knowing the NHS it will be a long wait) which should be helpful. But best of all I have found this forum to be the perfect place to share each others expereinces, the support is fantastic and we can also have a little joke along the way which helps me to see this "life in a bubble" we are leading is infact quite normal.

Clare x

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hi Witsend I so know how you feel..I too get days like this and think why us!! I don't really have a support network where I am and any help we have got I have had to fight for and I have had to find out for myself it really does wear you down sometimes,but we do still have good days and so often M will just come out with a classic expression or a comment and have us in stitches...I find when I'm stressed I drift online as on these sort of forums people can empathize so much more as they have been there and have the t-shirt!

I had the same sort of experience as a lot of parents here too...with M being our third son I always knew something was 'different'.That I could deal with (just!) and his dx was no surprise,but I just got my life adjusted to cope with that when we got hit by an out of the blue dx for my middley son with a physical disability.The two really don't go well together while trying to do..well anything! Indoors and out it's a nightmare and I guess what I'm trying to say is when you're down anyway to be hit with something else like you have with your other ds, well it's bound to affect you.

In my part of Surrey things are extremely hit and miss with regards to services,schools and everything else but we do have The Princess Royal Trust for Carers nearby and they have been a godsend.I think they are a national group and they help out in so many ways might be worth seeing if you have a local branch? Hope you feel better soon D X

witsend i wish i had thought of your username instead of boring old hev :lol: i could use same s*** different day as a username i spose but its a bit long winded!!!1

i too am sick of being in the middle of steve and my partner,im waiting for the next row every minute of every day and without fail it comes,steve was offering my partner out in front of all the neighbours this week,i think we are the neighbours from hell :(

anyway you are not on your own,we all understand,keep posting witsend,theres always a better day around the corner >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hi

Sending you lots of hugs.

Life can be hard, just come on here and speak to people who totally know where you are coming from.

Take care

Forbsay

xxx

Just wanted to say thanks for the kind posts, not feeling much better to be honest - but at least I can be honest here. :) And it always helps to know you're not the only one, cos it so often feel like it.

I guess we (partner and I) don't get much (any) breathing space but not much we can do about it :( , am presently enjoying an hours peace though (big son at youth club, younger one in bed, partner at work!) hence am able to catch up with posts.

Hev you could always use the 'SSDD 'abbreviation as username, I'm sure we'll all know what you mean anyway!! :D

Cheers - Luv Witsend.

witsend im currently enjoying half hours peace as well,my steve is addicted to eastenders so im def allowed on here when its on :D

we need time to recharge dont we,take care love hev

also known as SSDD :D

Hev im so envious whats an half hours peace? Do you maybe think that they get on here and read what we have said about them and are giving us payback.A lot of us seem to be having a testing time of it lately. kieran as been a xxxxx the last couple of days i dont know whats got into him, he s in his nothing suits mode and its everybody elses fault, just to see how bad things must seem

ds wants a caravan to live in the garden to get away from him bless. tomorows another day lets hope we all have a quiter one.

lynn

seding everyone loads of these think most of us could do with some more hugs thinking of u all >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>