loupin

Birthday blues

Hi all I just needed to off load before I try to get some sleep!!

Its my eldest boys 7th birthday tomorrow. (ASD SPD and mod'learning dis) he had a group of friends to go bowling with today which went really well. He loved it and we were so proud of him. But he has struggled with the rest of the day, I think the build up to his party really worried him although he isn't aware of why he is worried. His behaviour to his little brother has been shocking. He bit him on the face near his eye and I mean bit him!! I felt so awful for my middley son who is 4 1/2. what on earth can you say to make that better? He has hit out at his other brother (2 1/2) and at me and even tried bitting me. he has had his ps2 taken for 2 days for bitting but to no real effect.

After a serious melt down at bedtime he fell asleep and looked just like an angel, and now I feel terrible. I can't stop thinking about the night he was born and how we felt and how tiny and perfect he was and here we are 7yrs on restraining a hysterical boy,giving sleep medication, a boy who wont dress himself hates life hates his brother and just doesnt understand the world at all. What happened!!!!! I feel like screaming!! I adore him as much as I did the moment I first held him in my arms but i'm tinged with a sadness that I wish would go away. :crying:

Well that feels a bit better! I hope he enjoys tomorrow. I've planned a day of calm and no suprises, hes even told me what card he wants and what pressies to get.

Sometimes I hate autism but other times i love the traits that make him unique and special.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I hope tomorrow goes well and that you get some good sleep tonight

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x

So many angles to the equation - you have every right to your feelings too.

Hope the arrival of the big day itself helps to relieve some of his stress at the anticipation, and that today pans out how you would want it to.

Have a lovely day, and enjoy the cake!

L&P& >:D<<'>

BD :D

loupin, I can totally empathise with your feelings. Hope you manage to enjoy the day. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Edited by oxgirl

Hope you had a good day today and ds also, don't feel terrible, sure the majority of us have moments like that i know i do! You sound like you have the birthday planned and under control, hope you have a fab day, let us know how it went, xx

Hope today went ok, birthdays are difficult. I know my ds#1 had a bit of a upset right at the end of his 7th birthday in December - he can keep it together for so long then blows. We had a very long and noisy party on Thursday and he was fine (in his own world) and again blew right at the end. This time the explosive mood lasted until lunchtime the next day.

And of course sometimes you feel very emotional wondering what happened and sad that they seem so unhappy. A bad day really brings me down.

Hope today was lovely and calm and that things will be back to normal tomorrow. x