Sign in to follow this  
Sallya

Changing his hours in the statement

Recently had son's first annual review- he has 15 hours in his statement , but the school have been putting in extra support for 22 hours and recently put in another 2 hours on top- I asked at the review if this should be in the statement and they said no, they were putting a request in for extra funding- well, just had a letter from LEA saying as there were concerns about the level of support he is recieving that the statement is being amended to

'he will recieve a minimum of 22 hours of support to be used for individual and/or group work, which should be delivered through a combination of teaching and/or teaching assistant intervention, as described above. This allocation will be kept under review and should include planning, preparation, assessment and liason work, in order to meet the requirements specified in his IEP'

I know this is really woolly wording- but how can I word a letter to the LEA that won't antagonise them-we are looking at secondary schools over the next few weeks, and I want to save my battles for that- but doesn't leave us with a badly worded statement....or am I worrying for nothing and should just accept this in the statement?