Sign in to follow this  
LittleRae

New Book for older kids/teens

Came across a new book yesterday - only had 30 mins to speed-read it, but it looks good. it's for the child/teen and the beginning especially puts Aspergers across in a very positive way.

'How to be yourself in a world that's different' by Yuko Yoshida. Available from Amazon or Jessica Kingsley

http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Yourself-World...t/dp/1843105047

The only drawback I could see is that it says it can change your life, and it's really too small to do that! It does offer some strategies with coping and I think it's the way that it's written that appeals to me.

Would be interested in hearing what others think

A

Edited by LittleRae

littlerae ive never bought from an online book shop before but i like the look of that book for my son,who am i giving my credit details to?amazon or the seller?

If you pay the �9.99 price that is Amazon's price so your details will only go to them. Also if you find something else for a further �5.01 your then get free postage. If you go with one of the cheaper deals it will come from a private seller. I'm not 100% how the system works but I expect that you still are only giving details to Amazon who then just forward the payment to the seller with your address so they can send it to you. I'd watch the postage costs though. Sometimes can be cheaper to just buy from Amazon. I have got a few books from their sellers though and I've never had any problems and I do quite a lot of shopping online.

From Amazon:

Security Guarantee

We are so confident about the transaction security we offer on Amazon.co.uk that we back every purchase with a security guarantee.

Our secure-server software encrypts all your personal information including credit or debit card number and name and address. The encryption process takes the characters you enter and converts them into bits of code that are then securely transmitted over the Internet.

In the event of unauthorised use of your credit or debit card, most banks and card issuers either cover all the charges or may limit your liability to just �50.

If your bank or card issuer holds you liable, Amazon.co.uk will cover your liability up to �50 provided that the unauthorised use of your credit or debit card resulted through no fault of your own from purchases made at Amazon.co.uk while using the secure server.

Note: this guarantee only applies to credit or debit card purchases made using Amazon.co.uk's secure server. This guarantee covers a maximum liability of �50. In the event of unauthorised use of your credit or debit card, you must notify your card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.

Edited by David Matthew Baker

Hi Hev. Just saw your query. As far as I know, when you are buying new books, it comes from Amazon. If you buy second-hand you may have to pay seller direct. I usually just buy new and the details on credit card are Amazon. I've used them for the past couple of years and had no problems.

Hope you like the book. Would like to hear feedback as I don't know anyone else who has read it.

A