Sign in to follow this  
pumpkinpie

Advice please

I feel enough is enough and I am looking for a new school for littel p. I have seen sone 40 mins away in another lea which lloks good

Do I ask at the annualreview about transport or if I do will it make my lea look and think this is gonna cost us money and refuse.

Do I stand a better chance if I keep quiet for now?

Just come back from the school I was thinking of - it really is good!

Help plaease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What do I do about transport?

i LOOKED BUT DIDNT REALLY UNDERSTAND. What it is I want to know if tactically I will stand a better chance of not mentioning transport until I know if I can get a place. I dont want to lessen our chances

Tactically - I don't really know ... but the cynic in me thinks that mentioning transport while trying to get an out of area placement may well add to the difficulty ... sorry not to be of more help :(

>>Do I ask at the annualreview about transport or if I do will it make my lea look and think this is gonna cost us money and refuse. Do I stand a better chance if I keep quiet for now?

Are you going to ask for a change of placement at the Review? Can you prove that the current school is not meeting his needs? Will the school agree? If so, and the LEA agree to name your preferred school, you should get transport provided.

If the school was in the same LEA, the LEA may agree but argue that you should provide the transport as there is a nearer school that is also suitable.

However, one LEA cannot promise a place in a school within another LEA. Are there places available at your preferred school? Do they take pupils from your LEA? If so, you could ask that school if transport is provided for those pupils.

Three times, I have had to get the placement agreed first, and then fight re: the transport.

Karen

The school little p is in wants her out and feels it cant meet her needs.

The school I want is out of area about 45 mins away

No speci schools h in our lea have the speech and lang liitle p needs hense the request from me.

Our salt does seem afraid of the cost implic but as this recommendation will save the service money I hope she will be on board - if she attends.

There is places at the special school I want from sept and the head said they could meet little ps needs.

Traditionally the mainstream school little p is at feeds into an out of area mainstream school so i dont know if I have an arguement in saying you pay if she was in mainstream why is spl any differnt?

I cant imagine that my lea will agree.

They are extremely tight!

I am very wooried about this review and dreading tomorrow