Sign in to follow this  
AnnieH

Feeling very low

My DD who's 8 is very challenging - I'm sure you all know what I mean. I'm having real trouble coping with her at the moment.

I had a phone call from her teacher on Friday afternoon to tell me how much she is struggling and being defiant etc at school because she was supposed to go to her dad's at half term but 2 days before they were supposed to go, he rang me to cancel.#

He doesn't seem to understand (or care) how much these thing upset her. Teacher asked me if I could relate to him how hard it is for her, but he doesn't accept there's anything wrong with different about her.

I am really struggling with her at home too, and feeling very down at the moment. her GP had referred her to the padiatrician, but it had been refused and sent back to the gP who has re-sent it, so it's taking forever...........

Don't know what to do really.

Well you could start by beating your ex the teacher and the peadiatrician with a big stick. It would not solve your problems but it may help you to feel better :rolleyes: I apologise for being flipant.

If your ex will not accept that there is a problem then I would be inclined to leave him out of the picture. I had this with my ex and it became more trouble than it was worth trying to keep a relationship with him and his son active. My son was never happy about the visits to his dad's so it worked for me and after 10 months his dad decided he wanted to see him again and I laid down some ground rules which did work.

Your daughter is not being defiant at school and the teacher has to be made to understand this, even if she does have some understanding. Plans change and this throws her into turmoil and the result come out in the child's behaviour :(

I am disgusted by the Pead but not surprised it is happening all of the time, parents are being told that they can't be seen. However this sounds more like an issue for CAMHS to me where they could do some therapy sessions and help your daughter to understand her feelings and emotions. This can be done via play, art, music whatever is best for the child. They can be very sucessful but maybe the Pead needs to pass you on to CAMHS.

Life is never easy is it?

Cat

Hi Annie,

Life sounds tough at the mo for you :( Have you considered having a chat with your GP about how low you are feeling? It may be worth thinking about. Are there any local support groups which you could attend? May be helpful to connect with other parents who are going through the same as yourself. I'm really shocked that the paediatrician has refused to see your daughter, can you be request to be seen by another one when the GP re-refers her? It might be worth contacting Parent Partnership too, they could help and advise regarding issues with school.

Your not alone and take care >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

U certainly are not alone hun, i am feeling low at the mo too and wanted to send u lots of >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hang in there and take care.

Bambi x

Thanks for all your replies.

I didn't mean that the teacher was being horrid telling me about H's behaviour. I took it the wrong way as I was feeling uite low anyway.She wanted to let me know that she won't be aroubd much next week (courses and stuff) and wanted to warn me that because she is struggling so much at the moment and her behaviour has taken a turn for the worst, that she might be a bit upset that teacher will be flitting in and out for much of next week and further disrupt her.

I bought her a brand new school cardi which cost �11.50 and when she came home, three of the buttons had come off!!!

She is actually fantastic - much better than her previous teacher who told me my daughter has an attitude problem and is a bully!!!!!

Really disappointed about the paed's appointment though. I have a number of a place from NAS so might ask to be referred there if this gets refused again.

Thanks for the hugs - I do need tham and send them back to all who need a hug too.

Here some more >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> , hope things get better soon. It always makes me feel a bit sad when I read on here of someone having a hard time. Also often wish there was a way to help. Best I can do though is just to wish you good luck for the future and hope things come right for you soon. All the best, David.

hi Annie

ive just seen this post im sorry your feeling down >:D<<'> >:D<<'> It can get so hard sometimes. How are you today?

Take Care

Brooke