Sign in to follow this  
pumpkinpie

ANNUAL REVIEW REc SPECIAL SCHOOL/ SHARED PLACEMENT

I have had little ps annual review and school seems keen to get rid of us and are supporting the above.

The case is going before the panel to see if they aggree soon. But I want to make sure they take into account little ps speech and lang needs. In our area salts do not go into special schools , which is why I have not wanted special provison even though mainstream has been very hard!

I have found a spl school out of area who employs 2 salts and I feel would meet her needs.

The recommendations on the annual review say special school is req and make it sound they do provide s peechand lang but not at a level we(parents) deem approp).

See the difference.

Do you think I should point out this discrepancy, as I feel it gives the impressions the special schools do provide specch and lang but dont!

Until this year I have always after things are written up, been asked sign to say I agree. this time there is a compliment slip with a note to take any issues up with the ed officer.

Should I write a note to ed officer clarifying this? We have looked at sen schools before but it was the lack of speech and lang and the fact we could get more salt support in mainstream that made us put up with it.