Sign in to follow this  
oxgirl

I'M BOILING MAD WITH THIS TA!! ...........

Well done - hopefully it will set the ball rolling to improvements.

I know what you mean - I felt really bad as well - I think it was because I had effectively had this woman removed from the school and I felt bad for her as really it wasn't her fault - it was the LEAs fault for placing her in a situation that she couldn't manage - I don't think she had any idea about what she was doing wrong as it turned out she had no experience or training for her role.

The LEA had assured us that she was an experienced LSA, had experience with ASD and with Ms age group. It all turned out to be lies. Well when we found out the truth -the experienced part was right but her expereince was with pre-school children with hearing difficulties! She had no experience with AS and had obviously no idea how to deal with older children.

Actually removing her was the best thing we did. Just as she left a member of staff who had previously worked in the SEN unit returned to the LEA looking for work after studying SEN at university. He was appointed and is an excellent LSA.

She said that she'd spoken to the Head of the Unit about it and they'd decided that she would rearrange the timetable and get another TA to work with him for some of the time!! dance.gif

She said it wouldn't happen overnight, it would mean a lot of rearrangement and would affect other children, etc. etc., but it would be done. She agreed that it was 'time for a change'!!

Excellent news. As they say, the worm is turning.

I was expecting you would have to withdraw Jay temporarily to get the message across, but the school seems to have taken action. Now watch over everything like a hawk and make sure the school really delivers what it promises. I know fully well from my school days what "it wouldn't happen overnight" really means. This ratbag of a TA must go and quickly.