Sign in to follow this  
Bambi

Social Worker Visit Today

Hi guys

Well the SW came and with another lady who i wasnt informed of so i had to go warn T and i explained that to them. This other lady was a SW too and was present to take notes anyway we started to chat about what they can do for T. I had to stop her there and air my views AND disappointment about how we have been left to rot until now and only since the police coming that this has happened (a SW being allocated for T) she confirmed to me it was from concerns from Ts school (hence he hasnt attended the school since Nov 06!) because they havent seen him! dont these idiots take notice of what is happening!!! wow they have 2 GP letters stating what is happening, so what they are doing is trying to make it look like they havent failed T and him not being in school is down to my neurotic mother behaviour! well i lost it big time! i refuse to let these people mess with me any longer (even though i have been crying all afternoon) i stated that i wasnt happy with being left for a whole ###### month and how she (the SW) felt to not even inform me that she was allocated to my son, her reply was 'u have to spk to my manager about that i cant comment on that' so i said are ur other 2 serious cases more serious than my son? her reply was again 'u have to speak to my manager i cant answer that' so i let rip telling her fine i have made a 2nd complaint to ur head of services and i will NOT let this drop, it is wrong and what u have done is VERY wrong! i was at boiling temp now! so we discussed T when poss in detail as he was coming in the room intermittently and swearing, throwing things and hiding along with biting and kicking me and being very demanding (they saw it all and i made sure the other SW was writing and taking notes accordingly).

T cannot be taken on by the Childrens Disabilities Team until they do a core assessment (another 35 ###### days!) to see if he fits the criteria! my son is disabled! what more do these people want!!!! they need to see the report and even though this so called SW has spoken to Ts Paed last week she couldnt tell me whether T would be referred to CDT, well i told her he will be!!!! by hook or by crook he sure will be and i told her i find all the services in this area good for nothing and that is why i am going to see my MP!! my god! i never realised i was dealing with imbeciles!!!

She said that they need to do an assessment of needs (which takes 7 days) i told her she could of done all that by now 3 wks ago but yet we are here now and through their negligence things havent moved on, she said well i am here now, i then had to tell her well that is not good enough!! my son is now on anti-psychotic drugs due to negligence in this area for the last 2 years, so im sorry if u dont like how i am and how ###### angry i am but this is fact and its no where near a joke! i told her all i am doing is wall bash and facing nothing but ignorance with professionals trying to blame my parenting when its NOT me! he has a disability which has taken me years to get dx and still i get told he may not be referred to CDT!

She chatted all her usual ###### about we can do this and that but what do u want? so i told her i wont get respite because u dont get that in this area even if ur autistic child has no language and is 'severly' disabled, so why ask me what i want and chat to me like i am a fool! she admitted i wouldnt get over night respite, see why chat ###### to me! i think it hit home with the other SW because she was looking at my SW when i challenged her comments and she didnt know where to look.

She offered me a sessional worker, has anyone had of one of them for their child? this means a worker will slowly get used to us as a family and then build up to them taking T to the park or coming to stay here with him, while i get to go do things i need to do and give me some free time. I told her no one will be coming to be around my child without mental health disorder training because whats the use in that?! She is going to enquire about that now and let me know next wednesday when she comes again, can u believe it next wednesday!

She said Ts Paed told her he was on meds now so is there a chance he would be able to cope with going into school again?! my god! again i had to tell her, with all what distressed T at that school there is no way he is going there and he refuses to go so please stop insulting my son's difficulties he isnt signed off from school and his GP hasnt said he is unfit for mainstream school for fun! she soon shut up then and said ok so thats out of the question, i said damn rite it is!!!

She then said what needs to happen before we can move on realistically and when the report from the centre has come through (another 2 weeks) is have a meeting of all professionals involved i said bring it on!!! i want that to happen and i want Ts Paed there, she said Ts Paed has already told her that he will be present at any meeting regarding T thats what i like to hear and i told her the only people who care about T are his GP & Paed. Dont think she liked that but i told her straight im not gonna sit here and agree and be polite, my son has been failed from all professionals concerned in many services in this area and that I CARE about my son even if she doesnt! It felt good to say that and i told her the words Ts Paed said to me once we had him assessed 'at least i can take comfort in knowing it wasnt me being the cause of Ts problems, when i have been blamed by many professionals for his problems' that felt even better!

They were here for nearly 2 hours and boy did i give it to her, it old her i wont sit here saying yes sir, no sir, 2 bags full sir i would be acting fake and not being open and i WILL be open and tell her EXACTLY how i feel. I also told her he is a child who has rights and how he has been failed beggers belief! but its not an isolated incident its a nationwide problem and dont make out ur here to help because funding and manpower plays a big part and when that hinders the health of children in need its sad state of affairs.

When T was pathetically assessed by the mental health team in my area i asked for home start help as i know they do that for older kids when they are too old for sure start (T was with sure start when started nursery and was first put on the special needs register) well the nurse told me there is no home start in my area, so i told the SW this and she confirmed there is!!! so i told her u see more lies upon lies from so called professionals AGAIN hindering help i am desperately seeking for my son!

Wow i went on a bit there sorry guys! so the next episode is next wednesday and she will be speaking to school, GP and Ts Paed because she now has my signature for the go ahead to do this, all this should of been done by now if she had done her job properly in the first place and i asked her is that the norm for u then? her reply 'i cant comment'.

They cant comment and they dont help, pretty much sums them up and why the hell do we have SS in the first place if this is their normal practice?! god knows!!

You go girl!!!!!! Sounds like you really told them whats what! They have really let you down and you were more than within your rights to complain at the lack of support they have given you.

I hope this gets things moving fast for you, and you get the support you deservedly need, you should be proud of yourself for fighting for the rights of you and your child.

Bambi, well done, you certainly didn't take any cr*p from them and told them fully and honestly how badly you and T have been treated and let down. You must be absolutely exhausted, from your post I truly felt your anger and passion and if those two SW's don't go home tonight and have a sleepless night, then they have no hearts or morals what so ever.

Lets hope they get their fingers out now and get on with it.

Clare x >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> Hi Bambi

Well done!!!!! It's disgusting it's come to this and you did so well today. You must be knackered.

I have a sessional worker for ds2 - 6hrs per fortnight. It's a godsend. The first few weeks I went out with her and both my children. She now takes him on her own. They go swimming or to the beach or soft play usually. I only got this after going absolutely mad at my SW. It's so demeaning to have to beg. I really feel for you. Have to goas ds shouting me

Elun xxx

bambi im so proud of you mate :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: i mean that,you are really fighting back,ive got sw coming tomorrow,me and nick are gonna tell them how it is as well,coming in here with their little clipboards,im sure they dont actually write anything useful on them,probably doing noughts and crosses :wallbash::wallbash:

let us know soon as you hear anything,i will give you an update on my visit tomorrow

Well done Bambi, I wish I had shown my emotions from the very start instead of always being Mrs Nice when inside I was absolutely fuming. It got me nowhere. Its a shame that only those who shout loudest get a response.

Love Loraine xx

Awww thanx guys ;) i am so angry with how things have gone on for the last 2 yrs in this area and i can only but express my disappointment now, i am past caring and i wont shut up when these so called 'professionals' tell me to and why should i?! this is my son and any loving parent would be feeling like i do, i told the SW that too!!

I emailed a solicitor yestaday as i see it now that i have nothing to lose but everything to gain, i sent what i have been thru for the last 2 years in this area and the ignorance & unprofessionalism i have recieved along the way. Their reply was VERY positive and they have a chap who can help me and he is in the office 2moro, they informed me they are sure he would be able to help me :thumbs:

So gotta send my num & other details so we can arrange a meeting (they are based in the next town to me) so fingers crossed i get somewhere eh!

Bambi x