Sign in to follow this  
Bambi

meeting with MP before T was rushed into hospital

Well before T was rushed into hospital i did mange to see my local MP, my bro came over about lunchtime for the day and to sit with T while i went to see her at 2.45pm.

It went great! she was very easy to talk to and i told her exactly what T & me are going through, she was even saying to me yeah ASD children do that sort of thing and she wanted to know about Ts life story, so we discussed it in detail, she was very interested.

Then i stated the facts about the unprofessional comments and happenings all through Ts 3 schools in this area, i said its not good enough that this is the treatment of a special needs child and how so very common it is for many parents up & down the UK, to which she agreed also.

I then explained about the failings of Ts home tuition that should of been sorted months ago now and that T has been out of school for nearly 5 months with no form of education and that by my knowledge is breaking the Educational Law.

She asked what can she do for me and i was honest with her asking what can she do? as i dont have a clue anymore because life is very hard for us and everywhere i turn no-one seems to want to help or care. I told her i have been told not to complain or antaganise people because its not in Ts best interest! well if my concerns about the health and well-being of my child isnt a good enough reason then what is?! She said 'why shouldnt u complain?' i have every write to complain and the complaints procedure is there to be used and i am using it, i cant and wont sit here and say nothing when my son's whole life is a mess due to the mental health team failing him and the LEA not providing him an edcaution along with SS ignoring me for 2 years.

She said what she can do is contact the council regarding Ts situation and speak with the head of services (the same person i wrote my own complaint to) and request that T gets an education sorted that suits his individual needs as soon as possible, i cant ask more than that really. They will then be aware that i have gone to my MP and that shows my desperation i am not doing all this for ###### fun! im doing it for my baby to have a chance in life living with a disability and for all our kids to have a chance because they are adults in the future and it doesnt get any better for them then either, that to me is heartbreaking.

Bambi x

Bambi, I think you are fantastic, thank you for fighting so hard not only for your own child but all children living with a disability. Your MP sounds a decent woman lets hope she keeps her promise. Maybe we should all write to our MP and insist the failings are addressed in parliment. My situation is nothing compared to yours but the experiences I read on this forum totally frustrate me and make me so angry every single day, so many parents/carers are struggling to get help and support its a total disgrace and I just don't know what to do about it.

Clare x

Thanks hun and i know what u mean, i want to do so much but our kids are just a number in the system yet they have very complex special needs, things have to change and very fast.

Bambi x