Sign in to follow this  
PinkSapphireAngel

FIRST EVER Statement annual review

L was only statemented in November last year and is in year 7 in secondary school (he only started in November after being home educated for a term)

We got the letter this morning and the review is May 21st, apparently they have invited a representative from my LEA and I am worried it will probably be a particular person who has treated us very badly after we had to take them to SENDIST twice.

L is making progress but we know he does need the statement kept in place.

You dont seem to have been given a lot of notice. the code of practice says that 2 weeks before you should be given any report etc about your son from professioanls involved ie teacher, asd support etc.

You should also have had a letter inviting you to make your contributions about what you think your childs needs are now and in the future. This is important, as when statements are reviewed by the lea to continue or cease a parents views are considered.

I personally go through the statement and bullet point under the headings how little p is doing and what support is still needed. I always do it to show that x is needed to keep her in school . i havent had any problems although I have never got the salt input I wanted - but thats another story.

School should have given you a letter with points to fill in, I use this in my sttement but never use their form as it isnt big enough!

They have included a form with the following 5 questions...

1. In what areas do you feel that L has made the most progress over the past year (Please give details of achievement in and out of lessons)

2. Have you noticed any changes in L's general attitude/motivation over the past year?

3. Are there any aspects of L's progress that are causing particular concern at the moment?

4. Are you being sufficiently informed about L's learning, behaviour and other activities at school?

5.Is there any way that the school could help Luke to become more independent?

I have to send it back to the school by May 11th (Next Friday)