Sign in to follow this  
peppa

3di

Iv'e just been told a 3di assessment is going to be done on dd next time were at assessment clinic, i've read something about it on another thread but can't seem to find it now!

If anyone knows anything about it and what i can expect, i'd be really grateful to have some info, thanks in advance x

Yes. The 3Di is a written questionaire of around 5 or 6 pages that covers you childs development from birth to present day. including questions about their social,emotional,behaviour,interests,physical devlopment and anything else you can think of. It is sometimes done alongside and ADOS where they actually observe your child playing with varios set up toys/prompts. It is very detailed and gives the paed a full picture.

wev'e just filled one of these out, it took me about 6weeks to complete it. it was about 20 pages of repetitive questions but worded differently, & all were tick the right box answers, so required some thinking. my sons teacher was a great help as some questions were about school life. then there is the part about mine and hubbys background & what we were like growing up, ( i cant remember that far back) all in all it was a bl**dy nightmare, even jons pead said the 3di was a pain to do. so i wish you good luck, especially if your like me when it comes to filling in forms, i dont understand them at the best of times :unsure:

Thanks everyone, found the thread thanks karen. SALT did say it was going to be used to aid in assessments, and may give a clearer picture of dd's specific needs.

SALT thinks dd presents more like AS, however she has diagnosis of HFA, but SALT thinks as she is only three, AS is harder to diagnose, which is why the diagnosis of HFA was given, she has no speech delay however has some difficulties with understanding and use of appropriate language.

SALT mentioned that the 3Di would help in this case as AS would be picked up on easier.

Hi Peppa.What you have said re picking up AS tallies with what was suggested to us.We got the impression it is used in cases where AS is an option but it is difficult to reach a clear Dx.I hve to say the 3Di looks like a lot of work.Karen.

Does sound like its quite long winded but hopefully useful, think it may be beneficial in our case. Hope you also get some answers soon x

:robbie:

Oops, not sure if this is going to send twice, I was half way writing the first one and pressed something half way through lol.

Anyway, my 12 yr old son was under a 'Child paediatrician' for under a year and now referred to his Camhs appointment in June.

Do they actually do these 3Di's through them too ?

Cheers.

Di xx :thumbs:

Hi I am under the impression that Camhs do the 3Di but don't know if professionals from other backgrounds can administer it.I read info on the web.I got the impression that professionals need specific training to administer the 3Di.Karen.

Hi it was dd's SALT who mentioned the 3di when we were at the hospital assessment group, JETS (Joint education therapy). She said it would be performed by the senior SALT and teacher based within this group.

Its to be used as a tool to gather a clearer picture for when dd starts SCAT (Social communication assessment team) in aug/sept.