Sign in to follow this  
phoebe

not been around much lately

Hi everyone,

I have only had the time to pop in quickly and skim read the new posts for weeks now and I have missed you all!!

Since Feb half term, my husband has been home sick. This is unheard of for him and I can count on the fingers of one hand how many days he has had off sick in all the time we have been together (15 years). During this time, we have been to and from the hospital and seen 3 different consultants, but basicaly, he is no further forward. He has been on some mega pain killers which have given him some nasty side effects. There is no sign of him being able to return to work in the forseeable future.

Also, we have, during this time had a meeting with the LEA and now finally received a finalised statement ( to be effective after Easter) and DS has been given a place within an EBD unit which is attached to the school which he was already attending. I am unsure about how much help he is actually getting though (He was excluded last week). I have written a report for the school (and copied the LEA) with suggestions about how the situation might have been better handled! DS is still on the rollercoaster that is his life and I am there to share it all with him!!

Meantime, I dont seem to get much time to properly read your posts or indeed to reply, but I have a few minutes now and wanted to say HI and send my best wishes to all of you - especially those of you who are having a rough ride at the moment.

Love and hugs Phoebe

>:D<<'> Hi Phoebe, had noticed you hadn't been around much and hoped you were o.k. Sounds like you're having a really rough time at the moment, really hope things start to look a bit brighter soon. Sorry not to write more but ds2 is singing thomas the tank at top of voice and annoying everyone in the house - just for a change!!

Take loads of care - love Elun xxx >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> Hi sounds like you are going through a similar thing to us. our son Matthew is always getting excluded for things he really can't help, it has been a really rough time so I am empathise with you I really can. and now his finalised statement is through too and has a place in a special school come september. let's hope our children are now going to get the help they so desperatly need!!

Liz