Sign in to follow this  
elainem

Nintendo DS Lite v Gameboy Advance

Hi,

my twin boys 6yrs share a PS2 - M who is ASD finds it really hard to come off when he is in the middle of a game so I want to get them a games consile each - I can't afford PSP so was looking into Gameboy but there don't seem too many around - is GBA being replaced by Nintendo DS lite? Does anyone know anything about these gaming items as I donlt have a clue and having already paid out for PS2 want to get it right this time. Thanks for any help. Elainex

Hi

We've got the Gameboy SP and the DS. I'd recommend getting a DS as games for both machines play on it. The Gameboy can't play the DS ones. In general, the Gameboy games are cheaper and less complicated and so are better for the less competent user - like me for instance! The DS games all involve managing two screens at once which can be more challenging but if you play a Gameboy SP game on it, then only one screen is used. If one of you is a real gamer, then the DS games will probably keep them interested for longer. If you get a DS, then everyone is able to use it no matter what their level of skill so everyone's happy!

Hope that helps

Ohf!

Hi

I don't know too much about them but my sons have had both, if you can afford the ds i would buy them for them. They are the newer model and most of the new games they bring out are for the ds. You can use the advance games on the ds aswell.

Also with the ds they have built in Wi fi or something like that so they can compete against each other using thier own ds lites. If they have friends with ds lites they can also play against each other.

The DS is the replacement for the GBA (Game Boy Advance) and GBA SP. The DS allows you to play either GBA games or DS games on it. Where as the GBA allows you to play GBA games and the entire back catalog of Game Boy and Game Boy Colour titles. Control wise you'll probably find that the DS is easier to control in DS games because of it's touch screen. This means you have much bigger buttons than on a GBA. It does depend more on the manufacturer of the games however. I'd also say the DS is more likely to get good new games. If graphics are an issue at all certainly go DS rather than GBA. A second hand DS would cost you around �80 (see gamestation's website. You'd also get a game). Where as I've seen GBAs for around �30 in shops recently (again second hand). If you get a second hand console just check the screens are okay and the buttons function.

I would recommend the ds, but would say go for the newest version (lite?) cos it is so much easier to see the games on the screen.

Even I have been tempted to have a go on the ds (and I don't like games consoles).

Karen

Guest Lya of the Nox

i think if u get ds they can play each other on games and stuff,

somone correct me if i wrong pleeaase