Sign in to follow this  
car2

aspergers and ADHD dx?????

Hello, Iv'e just come back from the paed with my 6 year old and she seems pretty certain that Dan has as, adhd and co-ordination problems. Is it possible that he can be dx with all of these or are they all part of as??

caroline

Hiya,

My son has a dx of AS and ADHD (the ADHD bit is quite recent) as well as SID, Dyspraxia, Tourettes, OCD.........

From what i've been told - all of his seperate dx's can/are part and parcel of ASD, but each dx has occured because it's becaome apparent that that particular difficulty is over and above what would be expected of an ASD child - with me so far! :wacko::hypno::lol:

:unsure:

>:D<<'>

Hi It may be very helpful in identifying the specific difficulties he has, so having it described as AS/ADHD/Dyspraxia may help determin the kind of support when it comes to statementing in education and other facilities and anyone who has responisbility.

Co ordination difficulties comes under Dyspraxia though this can also be part of the AS but it depends if it needs breaking down to what the difficulties are when you mean co ordination.

JsMum

Ds dx forst with ADHD, then about 9 months later AS. He has gone on to be dx with dyslexia and sensory processing difficulties. It can be difficult to work out where one thing stops and the other starts and impossible to say if a behaviour is down to ADHD, AS or SPD. I think they are so interlinked and overlap that it is really hard.

Ds OT said that the combination of ADHD and ASD is a horrible one as part of you wants to go one way but the other part of you doesn't, part of him is highly impulsive but the other part hates change.

Carrie