Sign in to follow this  
kazemporium

Childrens Party information website

HI

i am currently working on a new website for parents. I am looking to add information and advice on all aspects of a childrens party.

I am a childrens entertainer with nearly 9 yrs experience and have started selling party products aswell. Although i am a business i would like to offer parents advice that they may not have be able to find elsewhere.

Pages we are adding include

Hall Hire

entertainers

catering

party products

childrens wedding entertainment

hints an tips for a succesful party

I am looking for ideas, if you have had problems in the past finding info or have any ideas please let me know.

I am also thinking of adding a page for special needs childrens parties. Obviously i only have my own personal experinces with my own son and other parties i have run. But there are many special needs i am unfamiliar with.

Thanks in advance for your help

Karen

my son is 6 and has autism he finds it very hard at partys because of all the noise and excitement, we went to a freinds party the other day her daughters 3rd birthday and she had set up a computer in her bedroom. she also had a couple of other children with autism and aspergers. and it worked wonders there were no meltdowns and nobody had to leave early. none of the nt children were allowed to use this room i would deffinetly do this if i done a party in the future hope this is helpful

donnaxxx

yeah thats a good idea donna,then the special children feel special cos they got there own little room where they can chill,she sounds a nice friend,has she got a special needs child?

no but she has a few friends with special needs children and she looks after reece if i need her, so has got used to him

my son is 6 and has autism he finds it very hard at partys because of all the noise and excitement, we went to a freinds party the other day her daughters 3rd birthday and she had set up a computer in her bedroom. she also had a couple of other children with autism and aspergers. and it worked wonders there were no meltdowns and nobody had to leave early. none of the nt children were allowed to use this room i would deffinetly do this if i done a party in the future hope this is helpful

donnaxxx

I am not sure this idea would work with the older children as they may feel excluded from the rest of the children. I usually try and encourage all children to do the same things. If i know there are children with asp add adhd etc i try to get them to help me if we play exclusion type games such as statues etc. or i do not play getting out games. Obviously if they are affected by the noise issue this would be a different matter.

It would be nice to hear from everyone about how your children react at parties and what you do to deal with the problems before they occur. This would help me to offer parents a better service.

I do have many repeat customers on my books who have chlldren wit autism and aspergers and i usually find out the boundaries when they book, this way i can adpat my parties to suit the childs needs.

Karen

they wernt excluded it was just some where to go wen it got 2 much. they still played the games just went there wen they couldnt cope

donnax

they wernt excluded it was just some where to go wen it got 2 much. they still played the games just went there wen they couldnt cope

donnax

Sorry i misunderstood what you said.

It is a good idea to give them the chill out space they need.

we use the chill out area in school when something unusual is timetabled for the day, seaside day (a day in school where we bring the beach, donkeys, cafe's and all things seasidey to school) comic relief day etc. some of our asd children can't cope with all the noise and organised chaos so we put cartoons on and a few computers in a quiet room away from the noise. They know its there and get offered the choice of going there throughout the day. I love the idea of something similar at parties :D