Sign in to follow this  
andreasea

any ideas to get urine sample ?????

Hi Guys

i wondered if anyone had any good ideas on how to collect a urine sample from a nearly 3 year old still in nappies?

i need to get it to send to sunderland.i have one of the stick on bag things but my ds is not having any of it.!!

any ideas would be great

mum to ds born 18.8.04 ASD & cleft palate & dd born 15.10.02

Hi.If you are able to tolerate the risk of an accident and have an hour or two another option is to take the nappy off and offer loads of drinks-hang around with a container and hope to strike lucky :unsure::unsure::unsure: Karen.

Does DS seen to empty his bladder after waking up? With my DD (4.5yrs and in nappies) I stick a container in the toilet bowl then stick her on the toilet when she wakes up in the morning. Usually we get a good wee then!

Good luck

You can get a kit from your GP/chemist - basically we had to put a nappy on back to front, with a sterile pad (looks like a sanitary towel!) and wait for him to wee - then once he did you use a syringe to soak the wee out of the pad and into the sample bottle.

Lynne x

You can get a kit from your GP/chemist - basically we had to put a nappy on back to front, with a sterile pad (looks like a sanitary towel!) and wait for him to wee - then once he did you use a syringe to soak the wee out of the pad and into the sample bottle.

Lynne x

yes thanks i am going to try and get one of these from my chemist

I got from child development unit the cardboard urinals for ladies you use in hospital. I just put it under the toliet seat before she uses it. Its the only thing that worked for us the sticky things just upset her.