Sign in to follow this  
Cat

DLA decisions now made

This is unbelievable and in my opinion totally unacceptable. Decisions about our DLA is now being made computers

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/benefits/...ook_ditched.htm

And they have got a new form which seems to be a computerised form! The whole site is depressing and worrying. No wonder so many people are being down graded or getting nothing at all!

Had anyone else heard about this and did the EDCM people know about this? I shall be asking that question.

The treasury gives them the money knowing that the probablity is that fewer and fewer people will probably get the benefit.

Cat

;) Hi

I have got through on the link and to know anything further we have to register as members and pay just over �16 !!!

Looks like my son's claim will be refused again then on appeal if the computer does the deciding !

Wasn't it in April they officially started it this way ?

Cheers Di x :thumbs:

I'm just wondering how the computer would grade the 14 pieces of additional information we had to send for our eldest daughter's last claim...scary!

Bat

Oh no, this is just going to make the process even worse! How can a computer understand what we write about our kids? How does a computer understand the complexities of disability? Or even the way we express it on the forms! Does it just pick out buzz words or something? Sounds very scary to me.

I'm glad dd has hers till she's 16 now, although I dread to think what will happen then!

Mine has just dropped throught the letter box. It looks very inocuous but has no space for explaining about conditions properly and the questions really don't leave much scope for getting any real idea about someone's disabitiy. I predict that alot more will be denied.

I will certainly be sending lots of additional information which I'm sure the computer won't like. Hopefully, it will jam the system and they'll go back to the old ways.

See you all in six weeks!

School faxed the form today. Phoned DLA to make sure they had received it.

They couldn't answer my the question, 'said it would take 3-4 days to go through the computer system, phone on Monday again to see it they have recieved it'. If its that slow they would need a whole new computer system. God things where bad now they're worse.

Wouldn't let me speak to anyone in management because all documentation had not been received. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Any advice?

School faxed the form today. Phoned DLA to make sure they had received it.

They couldn't answer my the question, 'said it would take 3-4 days to go through the computer system, phone on Monday again to see it they have recieved it'. If its that slow they would need a whole new computer system. God things where bad now they're worse.

Wouldn't let me speak to anyone in management because all documentation had not been received. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Any advice?

You could put your concerns and questions in writing to them, they have to reply to all written correspondence. Plus then you will have their responses on paper if you wish to ask more questions or take things further.