Sign in to follow this  
car2

Carers allowence help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I first put in a claim for carers allowence I thought, great- my son is entitled to higher rate DLA and I earn below the the amount they specify that I can-easy. :thumbs:

Three weeks down the line, they want all of my payslips from my previous employer! I didn't have them all and now they have written to her so lord knows how long it will take for that information to get to them.

The thing is-why do they need my previous payslips??? I m not claiming for that period while I was working in that job so I don't understand????? :wallbash:

I'm worrying now that I won't get it.

As far as Im concerned, I am claiming from 12 feb 07 which is when my son was awarded DLA and during this time I have not earned more than I am meant to (infact well below) so why do they want to know what I was doing 6 months previously?? :wacko:

Has anyone else had this problem??? Or have any words of advice as I am getting really worried now! :unsure:

caroline

Did they ask for your last 6 months wage slips, or just your last six wage slips?

I had this hassle when I was claiming IS and working a few hours. They wanted my last 6 wage slips every few months - but as I got paid monthly, that was the wage slips for the last 6 months (obviously a lot of people get paid weekly, and that would have made more sense). I had to keep sending the same wage slips over and over!

Karen

They want all my payslips dating back 6 months even though that job has got nothing to do with my claim!!??

caroline

Interested to hear how you get on as I handed in my resignation this week and was going to claim Carers Allowance and thought it would just be a case of filling in the form!!

Carrie

Hi Caroline,

This was two years ago but as far as I remember, when I applied for CA I had to send in my latest payslip. It was complicated for me too - at the time, I'd been out of work 6 months but was about to start again with the same employer in a different role. :hypno:

I sent my last payslip in, and had to provide the payroll details and my boss's name and address. I assumed they wanted to check that I had actually had a 6 month break.

Having done that, the rest was straightforward and I did get CA. The form itself, which I managed to complete online, is not as tough as the DLA "essay".

It's strange that you have to send in 6 months' worth of payslips, but maybe everything you've earned within that particular financial year ie April onwards - is taken into account - I'm guessing here! Might be best to give them a ring and ask.

Good luck - hope you get it,

K x