fiorelli

Annual Medical Review?

I think, but i'm not certain, that it's similar to a review of the stat (ie; education). SS/NHS/etc should have provided a care plan for L, and if i'm correct, this is reviewing that.......... :unsure:

I'll go have a moochy......... :D

ummm, nope, never had one of those.

Ooh, just had a thought though. It may be because the school residential part have started the ball rolling with regards to him going there?

Hi I think that children who have a statement of SEN have an anual medical with a paediatrician as part of the annual review.If it is similar to the original medical that Ben had then it is fairly brief and straightforward.The Dr checked vision,hearing,weight and height.She also talked briefly about Ben's needs and the support provided by the professionals involved.Karen.

Can't work out how to edit my posts anymore, so I hope this gets seen!

ANyway,

We had the medical review today. Basically, school had called them in, supposedly to check his hearing because they cannot always understand Louis. However, the Paed asked hardly anything about his hearing, especially after I told her that Louis 2 appointments with the ENT people pending.

She spent most of the hour appointment asking about his behaviour and his eating. Now why did I have this sneaking suspicion that this wasn't just about his hearing?....

Anyway, we talked about Louis's behaviour and eating, and what we have been doing, what professionals we see, how often etc. The paed was shocked by a few things (e.g. that SS can't/won't help, that CAMHS don't provide any support other than to say 'try these medications instead'). She is however, backing us in getting Louis into residential school - and let is slip to Louis that he is going, so I'll have to deal with that when he gets home. GAH!

She weighed him, checked his lungs, checked his spine, checked his...checked his....basically gave him a medical! WooHoo - finally, someone who actually does what they say they are going to!