Kathryn

The London Eye Mystery - Siobhan Dowd

I came across a review of this book over the weekend and it looks interesting. Apparently it's very like Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time as it's a dectective story featuring a main character with AS. It' s aimed at slightly younger readers but will appeal to all ages, according to the review.

More about it here.

If anyone gets round to reading it, or has done so already, let us know what you think and whether it's worth getting. :)

K x

Hi been dyslexic myself I dont read very well as I get quickly bored and loose my concentration so I really need books that are interesting, I read the curious incident and loved it, the charachters where really interesting and easy to keep up so I as the book you have highlighted ordered a copy and has arrived looking very nice, its hard back and cost 7 quid which is a bargain, I will be reading it over the next week as it does take me time but I will let you know how it goes.

JsMum

Well I finished this book on holiday, it was a great book, and I managed to keep track of the charachters, the plot was intreaging and I wasnt excpecting the ending as it was, good book, gave it to a young friend, but a bit technical for Js understanding so continued to read it on my own, but I know he would love one of those weather watches!!! I wont say anymore now.

JsMum

Hi,

I started reading the 'Curious Incident' and OJ, who NEVER reads, started reading over my shoulder and then took the book away from me and read the whole thing - I was totally amazed!

I suggested getting him the Kathy Hoopman books about an ASD boy and he said he wasn't interested because they weren't written by someone with Aspergers. I then had to explain that the author of 'Curious Incident' wasn't Christopher, it was an author writing in the first person. OJ was very disappointed about this and felt cheated!

However I ordered 3 books by Kathy Hoopman for our holiday and he finished them after the 3rd day. Shame there aren't any more!

If anyone knows of any similar, please let me know.

Stella x

Meant to also say the London Eye Mystery is a good read, didn't give it to OJ to read as it was a signed hard back edition, borrowed from school library. I didn't want the responsibility of him spoiling it but when he starts secondary school this week he can borrow it himself.

Stella x