Mumble

Brown Water??

Turned on the tap in my new room and the water's coming out really brown - I've left it running thinking it would clear but it's got browner. Is it safe for me to use this to brush my teeth and drink?

Also, my light fitting is hanging precariously off the ceiling - I've moved the desk a metre to the right so if it falls off the ceiling it won't land on my head - is it ok for light fittings not to be fully attached to the ceiling?

Worried, Tired Mumble :tearful:

I think I would be complaining in the morning. That room doesn't sound like it is in very good condition. I don't think I would trust the water unless you have some way to boil it. As for the light fitting I don't think it should be hanging off the celling. I hope they sort out these problems for you quickly. They really do sound awful and not very good at doing their jobs. I hope things improve for you soon. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hi Mumble,

Sorry you've had such a rubbish day, and then to top it off you've got stuck with yuchy sounding brown water and a dodgy put up with blu tack light fitting!.

I really hope you can get some rest tonight and 'ignore' your room...and try and speak with someone first thing.

Will it help if I promise not too dream about Lee 'Joseph boy' tonight?.....we don't even have to fight over him - all yours :)

Be thinking of you, everything usually will seem a bit easier to deal with once you've had some sleep

Take Care

Thanks David and Lisa,

I got a bit of sleep on and off (I had to get up and turn the matress about 1am because there was a spring poking me) until I was woken around 3am by my neighbour (undergrauate, 19 year old, party-going, beer-swigging 'typical' student type) coming in. Couldn't get back to sleep then because the 'humming' was irritating me (I find earplugs too uncomfortable over night) and my arm muscles from carrying boxes were aching. Just to top it all off, when I got up this morning I had said neighbour banging on my door and shouting that I was rude for waking him up - it was 8am!!!!!

I'm busy from 9am so can't go and complain, but will write an email later (these seem to be getting more response anyway).

Mumble :(

Hiya....it's a shame I cannot transport my gobby mouth to your neighbour for you!...shame the poor thing got woken up at 8am after waking you up at 3am! - too fliipin bad for him eh!

I'd ask for a complete room change as it looks like they have paid no attention whatsoever as to which room you've been given, and at the moment they should pay you for being in it!

Explain about the water, the light, the noise from the nieghbour and abuse from him this morning etc...say you accept some students may be able to work (apprently) and live like that but you're not one of them.

I really hope you get some help and get yr room changed today

Let us know what happens

The water issue defo needs reporting and dont use it until its been checked, buy some bottled water to wash and drink.

your room sounds like its breaking health and safety laws you need to get the lightfittings also fixed as soon as possible and dont use the switch as there could be a chance of an electric shock.

report it and if nothing is changed contact your local enviromental health agency.

JsMum

Well I've sent an email listing the problems. I've copied it to my disability officer - although she hasn't been much help in the past, I wonder if having her name in it might help as they might think they need to do something as someone else will have read it.

Having moved 20 boxes of books up 5 flights of stairs I'm a bit loath to move again (plus I've seen some of the other rooms and they are even worse because apparently I have to be in this building). Part of the problem is that this building is designed for undergrads (and not the medical undergrads who actually do some work). Moving was difficult enough - I was actually shocked at the number fo students who just walked past me struggling with boxes and didn't offer any help or even hold open doors - I thought I was supposed to be the autistic one who didn't notice other people's needs!!!! :wallbash: I don't care what other people say, I do think society is becoming more ego-centric, but not in an autistic way, if that makes any sense. :unsure:

Mumble.

Hope the probs with your water and light fitting are sorted quickly Mumble, not a great start eh. Maybe things will settle down with your neighbour too, and in time, you may be able to settle abit more >:D<<'>

Just forgot to add that when we've moved in the past I never sleep properly for a few nights. I always have to get used to the noises in the house and road, before I can fall into a deep sleep. I tend to feel really un-nerved by new noises and new neighbours....always feel really alien :wacko: Tend to end up laying awake listening out..... :hypno: