Stella63

OMG! Meltdown over a power cut!!

Hi

Was feeling really positive today as took AJ to a private clinic for assessment for anger management and behaviour at school. He was really articulate and was able to talk about the problems he has at school and said he wanted to be able to deal with his anger. Great! Booked him in for his first session on thursday.

OJ came home from school, upset because of an incident where he was being blamed for something and hadn't been given the chance to give his side of the story.

Everything calm until big thunder storm and power cut. AJ had just started something on World of Warcraft where he was in a group and they were fighting something and losing the internet meant he had left 'the group' and let everyone down. He went berserk! Smashing stuff in his room, punched another hole in his bedroom wall, was totally inconsolable, swearing at everyone. This had a knock on effect with OJ who started screaming swear words at my husband who had just walked through the door, after a dreadful day at work and world war 3 erupted!

Several glasses of merlot later and I, and everyone else, has calmed down. Stupid me, imagining that I could have a day without total fallout occuring.

:wallbash:

Sorry you had a manic evening...I know my son would have been the same if the power went in the middle of playstation or xbox game..Hope the wine helped, I've had half a mega size bar or aero myself:)

Take care

Thanks guys

I can't tell you what it means to be able to 'vent my fury' and know that other people understand what its like. Before I got onto this forum I felt completely alone and convinced that nobody else had the kind of day to day problems that i had. The knowledge of what is happening out there is so reassuring to me.

Thank you!!!!! >:D<<'>

Stella63

I get the frequently with kieran sometimes if we lose our networking connection due to weather or whatever .what a nightmare but its always my youngests fault according to the world of kieran as he s looking at to much cxxp lol. Oh the logic in that. Like if he s getting beaten on one of his games its the game makers fault for making rubbish games and i totally agree lol

lynn

Sounds like the sort of thing that happens in my house, so can truly empathise.

Think I'll join you in a glass of merlot.

Clare x x x

Just to comment on this as it involves World of Warcraft which I play regulary.

The game is an MMORPG, or Massively-Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. This means that when you join a server or realm you are playing alongside thousands of other people.

The average realm size is between 7,000 to 11,000 players. Most of these players are not very good at the game, meaning that you will rarely find a good PUG or Pick-Up Group; this is where random players meet together to achieve a task usually inside special instance areas. Advancement in the game depends on succeeding constantly in these instances, therefore having regular good PUGs is vital, or you must join a 'guild' that demands that applicants go to the guild forum and do an 'interview' where they are basically asked how long they have played, what are their 'reputations' recorded by the game(which can be checked if they are lying) and if anyone in the guild nominated them.

All this is to check if an applicant will fit in with the guild and if they are a competent player that recognises progress through the game depends on how much they help others. So World of Warcraft is a *very* social game, letting a group or your guild down is the worst thing that can happen. Whenever I've disconnected because of a power cut while I was in a group, I made sure when I eventually logged back in to send an in-game letter to everyone in the group(even where some groups can have up to 40 people, a lot of names to remember) apoligising and explaining what happened.

So it isn't like any other game. Having a good reputation online is vital. Funny how Autistics are supposedly not meant to care about such things.

Several glasses of merlot later and I, and everyone else, has calmed down. Stupid me, imagining that I could have a day without total fallout occuring.

:wallbash:

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Stella >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Thank goodness for Merlot, my favourite red wine :wine:

:cheers:

Thinking of you,

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Fxx :D