brooke

sports day

Ive just got back from my sons sports day, he did really well coping with it all and entered in two races :thumbs: It was lovely to see and he didnt even get too upset when he didnt win. Im really proud of him :D

Thanks Mumble, i didnt much like sports day either all the chanting etc so im really pleased he has coped so well

I had to do a mummy and toddler race! My little one kept trying to join in the main races! J managed to do 2 races -just the straight forward running ones, the remainder of the 2 hours he managed to sit really well.

Seems ages since I was at a sports day. Actually it is 2 years thinking about it as they had one at the school I volunteered at in Kenya. They told me if I wanted I could participate in the cross country. I politely refused the offer. (Think a run down the edge of a cliff face. Then to a village on the top of the hill across from the school along really nice rough tracks and roads. Up hill on the way there. Then back upto the plateau the school was on. Was miles literally.) The students were very good and I went to a few of the local and regional events with them as I students progressed up through them.

Before that it is probably back to when I was at secondary myself. There for some unknown reason (I think it was because I liked my head of house so much and would do anything to please him) I would often go out as an extra person incase anyone dropped out. I wasn't very sporty at school and had a habit of ending up with long distance races that I really hated doing. Still never refused. If I was asked and felt I could do it (which I always could - time was more the question - you always got at least 1 point for participation) I took part. (Still rather like that today. Like helping when I can. Will normally accept a request if it seems reasonable.)

Can't really rememeber much about the primary school ones. Seem to rememeber they were more varied and a lot of more interesting events that didn't rely soley on athletic performances. Any way back to the main topic of the post.

Congratulations to your DS. I can remember how hard events were at sports days. :)

That's lovely news Brooke, well done to your son!

And well done for avoiding the parent bit!

Cheers,

Eva

Thanks for all your replys hes off on a school trip today so hopefully that will go well too, busy last week of term!!