ellisisamazing

School Report, Sports Day and Parents Evening!

El came home with his end of term report last week and it is brilliant!

He has made significant progression, is now involved and takes notice of his environment, is active rather passive and uses his gesture skills to communicate! He will turn pages on a book and gets involved in tasks and basic puzzles now! And uses a pen with a good grip.

He is using simple maths puzzles incorporating 123 into games, he has decreased his need to lick everthing (haha :lol: ) and behaves well around animals, loves his horseriding and demonstrates a love of scientific exploration (Future Einstein, obviously!!!!) and has developed fine motor sklls! I am so proud I could burst!!

He is also making choices and meltdowns are extremely rare, tolerates group/team work with no problems!! And has apparentely been a pleasure to teach!! :)

On his sports day he came second in his race, and I was chuffed for him. :clap: Lovely to see him class too, and his fab little classmates!

Parents Evening was also really positive, he is doing so good that come Sept 08, he should able to move up to the next class and out of the key stage group if he continues to improve like he has currently!

His teacher showed us some footage they had taken during his time there, and in the 15 months he's been there the change is miraculous, he looks like a different boy. He used to have an almost stoned look about him and now he is super smiley, giggly and very inquisitive!! He has a fab teacher and great assistants!!

He is five very soon and I am having a party for him, and his sister (she will be 3), I can't wait......we have lots to celebrate!

And I am looking forward to meeting up with his classmates parents, we did invites the other day and some of the children have never been invited out before, which is so sad......I remember when El used to be ignored at mainstream nursery when it came to parties and it so hurts. So we are going all out and will be having a facepainter and a balloon artist!!

Just wanted to share some nice stuff with you lovely lot! >:D<<'>

Oh Lis, sooooo much good stuff, I've been in happy happy tears reading this.

Its all coming together for El at the moment isnt it, enjoy every minute of it!

Well done him for progressing so well, and very well done you & mr e for being such fab parents.

Have a lovely, lovely party - pleeeese post some pics!

Love p xx

Hey I never got an invite! :shame:

I do remember the feeling I think I went to 3 parties at school since then I have been asked to loads at college by people in my class but I wont go!

Sounds like Ellis is doing well!

Thanks Pearl!

And now you're making me cry!!! (I can't blame the Vino, this early in the day!!! :lol: ), But life is excellent, I saw some of those lovely kids at the school who are stuck in wheelchairs unable to smile, see, talk, walk and laugh and I just realised all the special things El CAN do......and he and we are so lucky for what he can do. I am immensely proud!!! :)

We still have lots of things to try and overcome, but I have lots of hope and belief in whatever he achieves...however small!

Hey I never got an invite! :shame:

I do remember the feeling I think I went to 3 parties at school since then I have been asked to loads at college by people in my class but I wont go!

Sounds like Ellis is doing well!

Thanks Mumble! >:D<<'>

You should be brave and try it, even just once! I would go with you, if I could.......I will do almost anything for FREE alcohol!! :lol:

I will post up piccies of the party!

Now, go and be a social butterfly!! Party On!!

Lisa xx

And thats why he WILL achieve, because you, mr e & princess e are right behind him cheering him on & helping him. And lots of forum uncles & aunties to celebrate his every achievement too. >:D<<'>

I'm getting soppy now, somebody stop me! :lol:

And thats why he WILL achieve, because you, mr e & princess e are right behind him cheering him on & helping him. And lots of forum uncles & aunties to celebrate his every achievement too. >:D<<'>

I'm getting soppy now, somebody stop me! :lol:

Thanks Pearl, but please walk away from the cooking sherry, would you???!!!! :lol:

Lisa xx >:D<<'>

They dont call me the Naked Chef for nothing..... B)

Must go, JP clamouring for scrambled eggs. Dont worry I'll put me pinny on.

Catch ya later xx

They dont call me the Naked Chef for nothing..... B)

Must go, JP clamouring for scrambled eggs. Dont worry I'll put me pinny on.

Catch ya later xx

Oooh didn't see this till now, Pearl!

I wasn't ignoring you, I will definately reply to your PM later, I am flying all over the web at the mo!

Lisa xx

Thanks Pets! >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

We've just had a lovely game of Catch the Ball outside too....

...these small steps are really exciting for me, cause we are getting to be more and more like a family who can do stuff together!

A year ago, this wouldn't have been possible!

Edited by ellisisamazing

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Thanks for the post too.It is fantastic to have such positive news here.It reminds me why so many of us work so hard.

Aah, thanks Karen! >:D<<'>

I am so proud, I get carried away!! El came home last night from school with his 'gold' medal on a ribbon, I went out earlier and bought a box frame to place it in and I am going to display it with pride!

It really is exciting when things start falling into the right place, I know we have a long way to go, but all the small things make a big difference!

Lisa xx

Edited by ellisisamazing