Viper

Ok, a catch up

I've had some really positive things happen and some not so.

To answer a few questions first. I still HE my super man and he is doing extremly well. I did a reading test on him, one they use in schools, and he has a reading age of 11 and 3 months, (he'll be 7 in September) His maths is also extradinary, with him knowing his 2,3,5,and 10 times tables, plus all the usual stuff like adding and taking away. I don't claim any credit for all this, he is just a very high functioning autistic, I think if he was hard to teach I would have given up by now. :whistle: Having said all that, on the other side of things, he is still in nappies, so some you win eh.

We now have a DX :o:dance::band::groupwave: After fighting for 5 years we finally got the answer in May that he has ASD, what a suprise eh. :rolleyes: With severe anxiety, with a question mark over Bi-polar disorder. They can't DX a child in this country with Bi-polar, but agree it is a possibility. He is on respiridone to reduce the anxiety and in theory stop his aggression. As he is so young and tiny, he started taking a very small dose, 0.1ml, I have to gradually up the dose, he is currently on 0.2ml. It isn't making much difference yet but only time will tell. We got the DX from CAMHS in the end, from a very nice team of Pshchcologists and phsychiatrists.

Other family member news. Dodo has officially left school but is going back in September for sixth form further education, we are waiting for her exam results.

My youngest DD (12) is now a model and will be doing adverts on TV. She has an agent that wants to get her a liscence to talk and act on TV too, so that sounds exciting. She was offered a part in a Bold ad but it was too short notice , we have to get permission from the school and didn't have enough time.

My DH is now a fully qualified French train driver. He was the first British employed driver to drive a french train on french soil. He also won an award for excellence in March. We had to go to York railway museum to recieve the award. We stayed in a 5 star hotel and the award cerimony was like the Oscars, with red carpet, champaign reception, it was amazing. The downside is that he spends half his time in France now. Sunday morning to Wednesday evening.

Now the really sad news. In October, my cousin commited suicide. He had Bi-polar and jumped in front of a high speed train. He was 43. I am still devastated. I loved him like a brother, we grew up together, he was a wonderful man with so much to give. At his funeral 4 of his ex girlfriends turned up with one flying in from Japan. They all said they still loved him and he had kept in touch with all of them. He met the Japanese girl whilst over there, he then came home and learnd to speak Japanese, then brought her here for a year. He was such an intellegent man, nothing ever stopped him from learning more. I am still very upset by it, he broke my heart when he died, I only wish I could have told him how much I loved him.

Well that's all I can think of for now.

If you got to the end, well done and thank you for reading my drivvel. :whistle:

Hi Viper

Well done to you and ds for making home ed succeed. Sounds like he's enjoying it and thriving - good for you both for sticking it out. Really pleased that you got the DX too, and I hope it opens some doors for you if/when you need them. Better to have it than not, IMO.

Very sad about your cousin, so sorry for your loss.

Nice to have you back.

Karen

x

Wow! You must be so proud of your children and DH? Of course you are!!! :notworthy:

And also, I am so sorry for your loss of your beloved cousin.....I have experienced the sense of loss and sadness when a loved one takes their own life and it is so hard to get your head and heart around the reasons why...I feel for you >:D<<'>

You have a lot going on and life sounds busy and exciting for you all, look forward to getting to know you, Viper!

Lisa xx

Viper

Lovely to hear all the family news and that HE is going so well!

Must be hard with your husband being away a good deal and sorry to hear about your cousin - he was obviously a very special person for you.

Take care

Barefoot

Viper

Lovely to hear all the family news and that HE is going so well!

Must be hard with your husband being away a good deal and sorry to hear about your cousin - he was obviously a very special person for you.

Take care

Barefoot

It is hard having DH away but he gets paid well so I think I'll learn to live with it. :whistle: Plus I get 3 nights sleep without him snoring all night. :lol:

One of the things that worries me about my cousin is that super man is so much like him and his psych has said they won't rule out Bi-polar in hm until he is older.