Sign in to follow this  
Lynden

Un-sodding believable!

We've only been here since May and if they had any idea how much upheaval it is to move with an autistic child :-(

Got a call from the agent today to say the landlords "circumstances have changed" (in 2.5 months!) and he's selling this place so we have till 21st September to find somewhere else. There goes our summer holidays. I am so frustrated by it all. We'd just got settled. Plus we've only been less than three months and I've paid �330 to get it cleaned, �220 for the garden and �250 to erect Leonas playhouse which will just have to come down again. Not thinking about the removal costs from Scotland to London to just have to move it all again a few months later.

So now we have two months to find somewhere else to live. It HAS to be this area too as I dont want to have to move hospitals etc for Logan as we've just finally seen the CDC two weeks ago!

F*** F*** ! And B****** landlord because he MUST have known. They did say did we want to buy it but they want �590K which is way over our budget but also this place isn't nearly worth that - its not even worth �490K!

My head is spinning - I just dont know what to think and I wonder how much more I can deal with this year!!!

Lynne x

Lynne, no wonder you sound so p***ed off, what an upheaval for anyone let alone a family with a child on the spectrum. Think I 'd tell the agents they better find you somewhere else and pretty dam quick.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

Edited by Clare63

I'd check the contract you signed when you became a tennant. For one I thought the normal length of notice is 3 months. Also I thought it is possible for a house to be sold with a tennant still in place. That way all that would change is who you pay the money to. Go and find what ever you agreed to and check through it to make sure that he isn't breaking what he agreed to in the first place.

That is unbelievable!

You definitely need to check out your situation. You may be able to get yourself some more time.

Can you at least put in an offer on the house?

What a horrible situation.

We could put an offer in on the house but to be quite honest we wouldn't want to. Its fine space wise, but it needs a lot of work if you were to buy it, new kitchen and bathroom, new carpets, new conservatory (its a lean to which leaks everywhere).....we'd get far more for our money.

But we're just going to rent again for the moment, its just the inconvenience and the extra cost. Its so bloomin annoying as we were just getting settled!!

Lynne x

Did you just sign the lease short term then? :tearful:

No, we made it clear that we wanted 12/24 months, but they automatically put in a break out clause (which we were okay with because we weren't 100% if we'd settle after moving from Scotland).

we have three houses we're going to see tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Lynne x

I can believe what has happened. The landlord is probably cashing in his investment because of fears of a fall in house prices in the near future. Interest rate rises and a recession on the horizon are likely to cause house prices to fall. I have received information that many landlords are selling up or planning to do so in the near future.