Bagpuss

Beauty Salons

Had a mooch down town this afternoon, to buy some nice furry cushions for the sofa's, and spotted a price list outside a beauty salon........amazed what is on offer :unsure: I've never been in one before, I always imagine them to be full of pretty young beauty therapists, waxed to an inch of their lives, and all the clients looking like footballers wives :lol:

Then spotted hair removal :whistle: ......permanent :thumbs: .......electrolysis :unsure: ..........but.......does it hurt?

BTW....have you seen what they can wax these days......ouch! Crikey.......even fella's.........he he he.....now that gives me an idea for dh's 40th......I get Lee in Loincloth.....he gets, well, won't say on public forum :whistle:

You get Lee in loincloth? :crying: And here I thought he was mine.... :rolleyes:

As far as beauty salons go, I avoid them like the plague. But hair removal is becoming a prime option for me now that menopause has me firmly in its grip....

I do not know how painful it is, but my friend's sister went in to have the hair permanently removed from her face (she had hairy sideburns, bless) and proceeded to have the hair on her legs, pits (and other places too!) also permanently removed. So, my guess is that it could not have been that painful. It did take over a year for the whole process to be complete, and it was not cheap either. But she is very happy with the results!

ddh

My mum had electrolysis for facial hair removal, and she said that it was more uncomfortable than painful, but it was a long process....Or maybe she was just hairy? (Sorry mum!!)

Don't fancy it on my girlie bits though.....(Not that anyone would know except me!!!)

You get Lee in loincloth? :crying: And here I thought he was mine.... :rolleyes:

No, no no ddh, you've got it all wrong. It has clearly been established previously on this forum that as I'm the youngest, I get Lee to myself. :wub: :wub: :wub:

ive got to have my eyebrows done but i never get round to it as for any other bits,no way,i would be ill :rolleyes:

Hi

OK time to confess! The lovely soft peachy skin of my childhood has now turned against me and become thick, wiry hairs sprouting out of my chin on a regular basis ugh!!!

Have had electrolysis regularly for several years now and it is a lifesaver! Yes it is uncomfortable and that depends on where you are in your menstrual cycle, except I can never remember when I shouldn't have it done!! But compared to childbirth or having tattoos done, no comparison!!

And the effect of having all your hairy bits waxed (apart from these funny brazilians) is astounding, a couple of minutes of pain and complete smoothness for weeks is just to die for (not literally you understand!!)

Stella

(hairy at the moment cos i want to get it all done when I go in holiday and thats not for 4 wks!!)

Thanks all, you've given me a giggle.

Stella, me too :banman: I tried a DIY waxing kit, and it was disastrous, ended up red, sore, bleeding and getting the strips stuck up my nostrils....theres a thread about it somewhere.

I was thinking about the electrolysis for my face too. Not bothered about anywhere else :lol: Just worried about the pain :(

No, no no ddh, you've got it all wrong. It has clearly been established previously on this forum that as I'm the youngest, I get Lee to myself. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Could we share? You get him odd days and I get him even days?

:thumbs:

But I must say, Mumble, we both have very good taste in men....

ddh

Hi

OK time to confess! The lovely soft peachy skin of my childhood has now turned against me and become thick, wiry hairs sprouting out of my chin on a regular basis ugh!!!

Yes, right there with you Stella...but so satisfying dont you think when you get hold of those little blighters and yank them out? :lol:

Oh the fun we have getting older....sorry, this still doesnt mean you get Lee on all days, Mumble. Maybe Lee likes hairy chinned women?

ddh

Could we share? You get him odd days and I get him even days?

Ok - I'm odd every day, so that'll work out fine!! :devil::lol::whistle:

Well if Lee has stubble rash after November, you'll know why ladies, hands off, I'm nearly 40, I deserve a treat :lol:

I'm nearly fifty, that means I get double treats! :lol:

ddh

Ok - I'm odd every day, so that'll work out fine!! :devil::lol::whistle:

Great comeback, Mumble! Very funny!

And thanks for sharing....you're a peach.

ddh

my friend is addicted to plucking hairs :rolleyes: she did my eyebrow once but i couldnt bear to get the other one done so for ages i walked about with a big catterpillar eyebrow and a lovely plucked one :unsure:

I don't mind plucking my eyebrows, don't find it too painful anymore. DH bought me a gadget when we first got married, for your legs, armpits etc, which removed the hairs at the root................it was agony............and I used it on him to prove it :shame: He's never bought me anything like that since :lol:

I don't mind plucking my eyebrows, don't find it too painful anymore. DH bought me a gadget when we first got married, for your legs, armpits etc, which removed the hairs at the root................it was agony............and I used it on him to prove it :shame: He's never bought me anything like that since :lol:

Bagpuss, that made me laugh. How did you get him to consent to trying it out on him?

I am still laughing, thanks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ddh

The back of his neck, when he least expected it :devil:

Without consent and unaware, even better! And funnier, you cheeky little :devil: !

The next meet-up I think we should search your bags for electricals...

ddh :rolleyes: